Mt.Natugumo 2/2

"You two will go on this mission.. it's rumored to be a demon moon." A soft voice of a young man said. Two people sat in front of the young man. "Kocho Shinobu. Tomioka Giyuu. I hope you can manage this?"
----------------
"Ara Ara...isn't the moon beautiful tonight?" Shinobu asked the water pillar. She got a nod in response, which irritated her.
----------------

Tanjiro stared at the small demon spider. It uncovered its eye. "Now let's see... how you can deal with someone of the twelve kizuki!" He yelled. The attacks were fast. Unfortunately, Tanjiro couldn't grab his whip katana in time. His eyes widened in surprise to see the familiar back of Kaigaku. He was cut in various places and crouched down in pain. Tanjiro snatched Kaigaku up carefully and ran behind a tree. "Shit.." Tanjiro muttered as he took off his haori and wrapped it around the severed limb. He walked out from behind the tree and got into a fighting position. "I've never seen something so... heartwarming. No matter... I'll kill you, then take that wretched demon to become my older brother!" The spider demon said, Rui is what he's named. "Blood demon art; cutting thread cage." A large web cage came spiraling towards Tanjiro. He unshealthed his weapon. These webs are enhanced..I don't think it'll be easy to cut it.. Tanjiro then had a small flashback to when he was much younger. His father danced a traditional dance that was danced by him, which was passed down by his father, and his father before that. A dance made to dance from sunrise to sunset without getting tired. Danced every year during winter. He remembered asking his mother how his father managed to dance for so long despite being sick. Jumping back to the present, He remembered the words of the dance. Is this the starting of a new breathing style? Tanjiro didn't question it as he went forward.

"Love variation; Hinokami Kagura, Dance!" [A/N I'm not quite sure if this is a correct way of doing variations. Since Tanjiro uses a sword like Mitsuri, its attack movements are different based on the movement. So Tanjiro isn't close to the cage, but the whip blade is.] Doing a singular vertical slash across the cage. Rui was a bit taken aback to the attack. Going at a faster pace of running, Tanjiro performed another move, fully intending on decapitating the demon in front of him.

"Hinokami Kagura, setting sun transformation!" He did a backflip into the air as the whip like blade followed suit, doing a horizontal slash across the neck of the lowermoon. Rui widened in surprise, his life flashing before him. He only had one option left.

Tanjiro fell after he assumed he slashed the demon's head off. He coughed out spits of blood. He heard footsteps approach him, and he looked up to see Kaigaku watching over him worriedly. He bent down and slightly picked up Tanjiro's head to place it on his lap for a more comfortable place to rest a bit. Tanjiro gave a small rare smile as he coughed into his torn sleeve.

"You'd really think..it was that easy?" A voice asked. Tanjiro eyes widened a bit as he reluctantly turned his head towards the voice. Kaigaku lowly growled as he held Tanjiro a bit protectively.

"You? A low-life demon slayer..think he can defeat me? A member of the twelve kizuki?! I must admit... you're quite the strong opponent. You made me have to rip off my own head. But you're done for." The demon reattached his head as he spoke. He walked closer to the duo on the ground. Tanjiro could barely move as he slowly got up and stood in front of Kaigaku, sword in hand. Rui released a large blood cage onto the two. It was too close to slice. Tanjiro felt his life flashing before him until he heard a monotone voice of an older male. "Water breathing, third form, flowing dance." Tanjiro stared wide-eyed as the cage was cut into many pieces. A man with black hair held in a porcupine like ponytail stood in front of him, blade in hand. His haori was split into two different colors. One with green and yellow prisms and the other side plain red.

'A pillar?!' The demon thought panicked. He stood frozen in fear. He released another blood webbed cage at the pillar. "Water breathing, eleventh form. Dead calm." In mere seconds, the cage was cut yet again. The pillar walked towards the demon and sliced its head off. The pillar then turned around and walked towards the duo.

"Are you alright-" He stopped. He recognized the demon in front of him, and that earned himself a flashback of a small cowardly boy asking for his demonic brother to not be killed. "What's your name? How do you know this demon.." He asked. "T-Tanjiro Kamado." Tanjiro managed to say. He noted that using Hinokami was a bit tough. "How do you know th-" the pillar was cut off by a certain presence approaching as he put his blade in front of a different blade.

"Ara Ara Tomioka-San! Why are you protecting this demon?" She jumped back. Tomioka Giyuu stood silent as he motioned for Tanjiro to leave with Kaigaku. Getting the message, he grabbed Kaigaku and ran for it. Leaving his blade behind and his box. "Oh my oh my! Surely the corps will be behind this Tomioka-San!" The butterfly girl jumped into the trees to pursuit Tanjiro. "Damn you, Kocho-san." Tomioka muttered as he chased after her.

•I skipped through a whole bunch of battles (you can tell I felt lazy and unmotivated..) Anyways! I will continue this in the next chapter [Pillar meeting] till next time!