Prosperity

The water was running cool. Levi reached down turning it off. He sighed, it had happened again. He stepped from the shower. The stem coated the mirror, but he didn't care. He went on with his routine. Turning away he walked out with the towel around his waist.

"Master Levi." His bodyguard bowed to him.

Levi lifted his eyes up. The only time Erwin was so formal was when one of Levi's parents were around. Sure enough, there she stood. Kuchel was a beautiful woman. Her slender frame belied her strength. One hand rested on her hip while the other held a long vape pen. She eyed her son.

"We should do something about that scar." She puffed on her pen.

"What do you want, mother?" it wasn't often she made the trek to the back house where Levi lived.

"You are needed at the ball this weekend." She reminded him for the three hundredth time.

Levi was sure there was something that was up with this ball he was being forced to attend. It had been a year since his coming out at the heir in line to the Ackerman fortune. He sighed waving a hand at her, his other one covered the offending scar.

"Yes, you've told me. You have had Erwin tell me, you have made it a point for all the servants to mention it daily as I try to eat. I will attend, mother." He almost spat the last word, just managing to reign in his growing temper in time.

"Very well, were blue, it brings out your dull eyes more." She turned to saunter away. Really? Was that the only reason she came...

"Also." She paused just before leaving Levi's sight.

Here it comes... Levi thought.

"That food pantry for the poor you set up, it isn't bringing in any money. Father and I are going to close it." She smiled her wickedly charming grin.

"It's a non for profit, it's not suppose to bring in money. You aren't closing it. I will fund it from now on." Levi insisted.

His mother blinked at him. "Why are you so in love with helping street urchins?" She growled.

A flash of bright shinning green eyes flicked in Levi's head. The wondrous smile of his only childhood friend, who wasn't paid to be friendly to him filled his thoughts.

"I have my reasons." He growled.

"Now, may I dress?" he arched a brow. She huffed but walked away.

Levi went into his room. That food pantry, along with a shelter and work placement program he ran on his own time. All of it was to keep a promise.

He lifted his head to see the puckered star like scar on his stomach. There was a line that ran through it where the doctor had to cut the bullet out of him. He didn't care, he had saved Eren that day.

As his hand traced over the imperfection, the only one visible on his body, his mind wondered back over the years. He had been almost ten when his mother allowed him to explore the world on his own. He had his chauffer, bodyguard, as well as other armed guards that kept watch over him.

One day he was walking through the little market in town. He had never seen anything like it. Stalls of food, clothing, shops with there wears outside; it had been fascinating to watch. Suddenly a cry came out of nowhere of a thief. Levi had looked up. He noticed he had gotten a bit far away from his entourage of adults. He grinned at this.

From around the far corner of the street, a kid came running toward him. He was slightly taller than Levi. His brown hair was matted to his head, his bright green eyes were round with fear. He was running for his life while clutching a meager loaf of bread. Levi saw the door that would lead to the next street, he ordered the kid through it.