Control

"You spoke to him?" Levi's hands dug into the front of Erwin's shirt.

"I tried to, you switched back pretty quickly." Erwin didn't force the other to let him go.

"It was him, he got scared." Levi let go to run a hand over his face.

"God, I hope those assholes didn't hurt him." He muttered.

They stood in the center of Hange's lab, Erwin gazing at the torn look on his friends face. Levi gazing at nothing. His head bent as he looked at the floor. The door opened. A person came in with auburn hair piled up in a messy bun on top of their head. They held papers in one hand while patting their chest with he other. Another person came in behind them.

"It's in your hair." The tall lean form muttered.

The hand left their chest as the auburn haired person reached up for the pencil stuck in the bun. They pulled it out to circle something on the paper.

"Shitty glasses what's going on?" Levi bellowed.

The auburn haired person looked up. Thick glasses covered their eyes as they glared at their boss. They pushed the frames up higher while shaking out the report in their hand.

"All patterns are normal!" They fumed.

"You say that like it's a bad thing." The man behind them muttered.

"Well, Moblit, it is!" the auburn person hissed.

"It means this runt is normal!" they cried.

"Hange, relax. While you were out, they switched." Erwin pointed to the monitor set up beside Levi.

Hange had left the wires on the small crime boss. They were also connected to the machine. Giggling like a school girl faced with their crush, they raced up to the machine.

"Oh, yes. Umm hmm, right here look!" they pointed to several long spikes on the paper.

"So, about 1:45, for a minute thirty seconds?" Hange peered up at Erwin.

"I guess. I mean it felt quicker than that, but he may have been sitting there a few seconds before I realized it." Erwin offered.

"Have we tried communicating with him?" Hange asked.

"Eren isn't a guinea pig either!" Levi growled.

"He spoke to me." Erwin offered.

"What?" Levi narrowed his eyes at the man.

"What did he say?" both Hange and Levi asked in very different tones.

Erwin recounted the dialog. He said how Levi had looked confused by this. He corrected it by shaking his head.

"No it was Eren. I know he heard me. It was as if he was here." Erwin offered.

"Maybe we can force a shift." Hange was tapping their chin.

"If we can come up with something to tell him, a meeting spot. Date and time. It's possible we could find him." They insisted.

"It's late now, let's get some rest." Erwin offered.

"Did you tell him my name?" Levi asked once they were alone in his house.

"No. I was trying to get his information." Erwin stated.

Levi slapped him across the arm. "You idiot!" He growled.

Erwin blinked at the man. Levi walked up to the window over looking his dark back yard.

"He's a street kid. He wouldn't just tell you something. You've seen how hard it is for me to get them to trust me! It takes months. We have seconds with him!" Levi ran a hand through his hair.