Ripples of time

Eren chuckled as he smiled at the blond. “Krista is an old friend.” He muttered.

“Eren!” Armin huffed.

“Oops, excuse me, Princess Historia, is an old friend.” Eren snickered.

“Stop it!” Krista/ Historia smacked his arm.

“Enough!” A tall slender women with eyes like steel marched up to them. She grabbed Historia’s arm yanking her back.

“You will…” She began.

Eren’s hand closed around the thin wrist. Armin was drawing Historia back as the dark haired girl broke the woman’s hold. Eren let go.

“Don’t touch her.” The steely strength in that voice had every one pausing. Eren glared at the woman.

“No little rag…”

“Mother, leave her alone.” Levi’s voice was barley audible, but it sounded like a shot through the crowd. His mother gasped. Kenny chortle, Erwin nearly choked.

“How dare you?” she cried.

Two guys appeared close behind the woman. Levi cracked his neck. Eren watched on. Were they going to fight? He felt strange just thinking the thought.

“Historia saved my life. Mine, and many other orphan’s, runaways or kidnapped children. She let herself be kidnapped in order to shut down the trafficking ring. It was how we met her. Then Armin doubled as her to help her with an assassination attempt.” Eren sounded like he was rambling.

“The getting out part?” Levi flicked his eyes toward the dark haired female.

“Oh, that.” Eren rubbed at the back of his neck.

“Well, uh, Ymir and I were backup to this negotiation….” Eren’s face flamed with color.

“This idiot nearly falls to his death off of a fifteen story catwalk!” Ymir muttered.

“That’s lovely.” The woman Levi  had called mother broke in.

“But Levi has an obligation to this family.”

“Yeah, I should tell you, I'm never going to marry a female.” Levi drawled.

“What do you mean?” his mother had that steel in her eyes too.

Kenny roared with laughter. Everyone looked at him. Eren had honestly forgotten him.

“You think I’ve been searching for Eren, this long, simply because he was a friend?” Levi scuffed.

Eren blinked dumbly at him. This got Historia chuckling. Eren’s face turned a bit redder. Levi looked up at him. The corners of his lips twitched. He almost smiled at the clueless look on the handsome teens face.

“If you force me to pick someone to marry out of the group before me, it will be Eren.” Levi said.

 His tone was still boarding on being board to death by the circumstances. Kenny laughed harder. He slapped at his knee as he leaned against the car, one hand holding himself up by Erwin’s shoulder. Levi’s mother looked thunderous.

“How dare you insult my time!” She roared.

“If you had ever paid an ounce of attention to me, you would have discovered that I have been gay since I was ten!” Levi refused to raise the tone of his voice.

In fact, Eren thought he was speaking quieter the louder everyone else got.  He looked back to Levi. The smaller male looked right back at him. This time he couldn’t control the corners of his mouth, one side lifted up. The tiniest of smiles curved his thin lips. Eren’s mouth fell slightly open upon seeing this.