Dreams

"First sleep." Levi had insisted.

"Like you..." Hange began.

"For them. Eren looks like he is about to pass out." Levi snarled.

With that, Hange shrugged before going back to her lab. Levi explained that they were stuck down here for at least twelve hours, it was how long the dome would remain up. A safety feature. He explained. He led Eren and Armin to a bedroom. There was a single large bed in the center. Off to one side was a desk with a well worn chair before it.

"Go ahead, take the bed. I have a few things I need to do, then I can sleep on the couch." He insisted.

Armin shrugged out of his back. He placed it on the bed, after moving the pillow. Levi winced at this but didn't say anything. He watched as Eren did the same thing. The two laid down facing each other. Levi didn't get it at first. Eren's hand was laid against the bed, Armin's on top of it. They weren't exactly holding hands, but reassuring each other the other was there.

"Watching each others back, even in sleep." Erwin muttered as he sat a cup of freshly brewed tea before Levi.

Levi groaned. It was what his eyes realized before his brain formalize did. The odd why they were laying. It didn't seem to take them long to doze off. Levi sipped his tea as he watched them. He sat the cup down on the edge of the desk. His hands falling to the arms of the chair. Eyelids feeling heavy, he had one thought before they slammed shut, fucking Erwin had drugged him again!

Levi hardly slept, hardly dreamt. For him to do both while drugged was unheard of. Even if Erwin managed to drug him, he still didn't sleep long. Usually three hours a night was good for him. If drugged it may stretch til four. Only once did he sleep for six. Erwin was frantically shaking him awake screaming that he didn't mean to put so much in. It was how Levi discovered his friends deception.

This night, it may have been due to all the emotions running through him before he fell asleep, but tonight Levi dreamed. He dreamed of a time when he was about eight years old. His mother had dressed him up.

"You're going to meet a new friend today, Levi. Please don't scowl." She reprimanded him.

"Why do I have to wear this?" he plucked at the itchy shirt he had on.

It was long sleeved, pressed tighter to his skin by the jacket she forced on over it. A suit coat and button up, his hair brushed to a perfect shine was parted on his left side. It flopped over his head, plastered down by all the gel she put in it. He looked like he was wearing a helmet!

"Stop fidgeting. You look respectable!" She insisted. He huffed but said nothing more.

They went out to the family car. Driving for over an hour, Levi was privy to his mother teaching him all about their territory. Where the weapons factories where, the farmers, the coffee beans, all sorts of things that were needed to keep their family thriving. His education often consisted around the time he would become the king of their world.

This day they drove outside of their world. They entered another place. At first it wasn't much different. The houses looked the same, the people seemed to be doing the same things, but soon other things appeared. More technology than what existed in their world. It was a strange mix of things. Wires strung up along the road, different types of cars without a driver, odd things like that.

Then they reached the main town, or compound as his mother called it. She said it was the yay gear compound. He had no idea what that meant, but this place was right out of a sci fi movie, or novel as Levi loved to read.

Glass buildings as tall as the sky. Flying trains and busses whizzed by over head. It looked like a roller coaster for everyday life. Levi was enthralled with it all.