Maki Nishikino x Reader (Love Live! School Idol Project)

"Y/n, will you tell me why you weren't listening to my class today?" Your teacher asked while you just frowned. A while ago, you were focused on the girl two seats apart from you. Maki Nishikino. Her amethyst eyes that seem to sparkle day and night. The fact the she is quite the tsundere makes your heart flutter a bit. You know daydreaming with a girl the same gender as you is unacceptable, but you couldn't help it. Until your teacher gave you a special mention about a special trip to her office in front of the class.

But your actions didn't go unnoticed by Maki. She can be quite irritative whenever someone watches her, but she didn't feel the same if you were the one doing it. If sometimes she caught you looking at her, her outside expression may look like she is disgusted, but inside, her heart beats rapidly, causing her to blush violently. But also there are times when she kept on stealing glances from you, she didn't know it at first, she only knew it when you caught her staring at you.

You frowned at your teacher, "I was just tired from studying all night." You lied. Luckily your teacher bought it and let you go. You were not mad about your teacher upset, but you were mad about the fact that she embarrassed you in front of your crush. Who would want that?

You walked along the silent hallway, the orange light coming from the sun giving it a scenery-like look. You just wanted to go home and sleep right away, but you can't because stacks of homeworks were given to you that day. But you were drifted off from your thoughts as you heard a piano being played nearby.

'Who would be playing piano at this hour? It's almost sun down!' You thought as you ran along the hallways, searching for the beautiful tune that soothes your angered feeling. You followed the tune until you stopped by the music room, where the piano is being played. You heard a beautiful voice sing along with piano tune, so beautiful you almost thought that you were in a paradise, her voice that relaxes your tired muscles from running around the corridors.

You looked at the small window on the door and scanned around the room, your eyes widened as you saw Maki, singing, while her hands travelled across the piano keys, creating the same rhythm of harmonic chords as she went. Your heart beats faster than before, completely perplexed at the sight before you, until the music stopped.

You were afraid that she saw you, so you tried ducking, but it's too late. "Come in, I know you're in there." She commanded while you facepalmed yourself, thinking how stupid you are for letting yourself get carried away. You opened the door, red-faced from another embarrassing moment you had infront of your crush. "Y/n, w-what are you doing h-here?!" Her calm and serious tone suddenly became high-pitched and surprised one. "I-I was walking along t-the corridor until I-I heard s-someone p-playing the p-piano" you replied nervously while she just looked at you, confused.

You hit your head against the wall, hiding your scarlet face from her. And quickly turned around, her amethyst eyes locking on yours. The awkward atmosphere that crept inside the room made your knees wobble, and made you perspire a bit. Noticing the frequent shaking you had while you stood in silence, Maki finally decided to confront you. You heard her stand up from her seat, and walked up to you.
"Y-Y/n, I know it w-would be c-c-confusing b-b-but, d-do you l-like som-someone else?" She asked nervously, bowing down to hide her scarlet face.

Your mind jumbled, trying to figure out what words to say. You were afraid she might ignore you even more if you confessed your feelings, so you initiate a walkout, trying to escape from the awkward conversation you two were having. But you can't because her hand gripped your wrists, "Where are you going?" She asked in a serious tone. Geez, this girl changes personalities very quick, a while ago she was stuttering and nervous, and now she was acting all serious and straightforward.

You knew you were screwed and cornered, so you made up your mind to show her your feelings instead of telling it. She released your hands, and you made your move immediately. You walked up to her and kissed her, still nervous about what you were doing to her right now, you didn't mind even if she didn't like you, at least you were being honest.

Maki did not expect for this to happen, not if it was you. She was always thinking of how she will confess her feelings to you but will only end up with her blushing furiously. Whenever you and your friends go to her house for project making, she would always pick the best outfit she could wear. And she was very happy when you always compliment her. Everything you do simply makes her blush even darker.

You pulled away and tried to walk away, knowing she won't return those feelings, but you were wrong. She held your wrists again and pulled you in for another kiss. You were surprised at the sudden move she made, but you just smiled and kissed her back. Apparently, air was lacking so you pulled away and hugged her tightly, you were not fond of hugging, but you did not expect someone you wish to not let go so soon.

"I love you Maki! I always do!" You shouted so loud it can be heard outside. "Shh! You don't need to shout Y/n!" She scolded but you giggled.

"I love you too, Y/n, I always did" Maki answered as she hugged you even tighter, not bothering to let you go.