𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 20

In the end, Mariette decided that it would not be wise to return back to their previous hideout. The rice could be damned. Those beastmen could have been con artists for all she knows. She didn’t see Parker, Harvey or Beryl.

❝Go on and sleep. They'll find this place sooner or later. Shall we leave this place tomorrow and go to an even further place to settle down at?❞ Curtis said.

Settle down. This, apparently, was something very unbelievable to feral beasts. They were used to roaming, and it was very hard for them to stay in one place for very long.

The reason that most feral males would have this thought would be when they had found a female and had decided to settle down somewhere. Females were too weak and couldn't afford to be constantly on the move.

❝Is there anywhere specific you want to go?❞ Mariette asked.

She didn't particularly mind going too far even if it meant making it even harder for the others to find her.

❝Let's go to the seaside first. If you like it there, then we'll settle down there.❞ There was a faint hint of yearning in Curtis's eyes. ❝When you're in heat, we'll mate. We'll have a nest of snake eggs every year.❞

Mariette was at a loss for words. Poor him. He already made so many dreams about their future only to later find out that she's infertile.

Her heart truly aches for him... that's a lie.

If she cared, she would have informed him about her condition. But no, she couldn't risk it. What if, after finding out she can't have his 'eggs', he dumps her? Or worse! What if he can't get it up anymore! That's a catastrophe to someone like her.

The women here would be in heat once every year. By heat she assumed he meant period. Damn, those girls were lucky. Even someone like her, who has an incomplete cycle, still had her menstruation around three to four times per year.

But that's not all. Her period normally lasts up to two-four weeks in total. And her mood swings are not to be messed with. She practically becomes the definition of bipolar and the only way to calm her down is to stuff her face with chocolates which, on normal circumstances, she despises.

 She practically becomes the definition of bipolar and the only way to calm her down is to stuff her face with chocolates which, on normal circumstances, she despises

It was noon sharp, yet the skies suddenly darkened, the air pressure so low that it made one feel stuffy in the chest. With the birds in the forest flying at a low altitude, if one didn't pay attention they might just walk right into a few.

❝Seems like it's definitely going to rain.❞ The shorter red-head said as she stared at the skies.

This wasn’t so bad. If they were to stop now with Curtis still brimming with energy, wouldn’t he try to unleash it all on her defenseless damsel in distress self?

❝There's a cave in front. Let's seek shelter from the rain there.❞ Curtis said.

This cave was rather hidden. On top of the dense vines hanging at the entrance of the cave, there were red little flowers blooming amidst those vines. Quite a beautiful sight to behold.

Mariette pried the vines away and tied them to the two sides, to let air circulate into the cave. Just as she was about to enter, Curtis suddenly pulled her behind him.

A strong and bulky tiger pounced out. Curtis' upper half dodged it and, twisting his body, transformed into his snake form and curled around the ferocious tiger.

The tiger was clearly purely a wild animal. In one move, Curtis had him subdued. The tiger struggled with all his might in Curtis' stranglehold.

However, the more it struggled, the tighter Curtis twisted around him. Every time it breathed, the hold around him became tighter, until it completely lost all room to breathe.

Mariette stared in anticipation as this unfolded before her.

After Curtis strangled the tiger to death, he transformed into his half-human form. When he turned around and saw the terrified expression on the female, he frantically dumped his prey aside and slithered to her side.

❝Don't be afraid.❞ Curtis coaxed as he hugged his petite mate.

Afraid? Who was afraid? Just because she was staring at the dead carcase of the tiger didn't mean she was scared. She was just wondering whether or not that thing was edible and if yes, how should she cook it?

But then again if he wanted her to be afraid, who was she to disappoint him?

❝Boohoo~, that big tiger really scared me! I want my hubby to touch me and comfort me.❞ Mariette buried her head in Curtis' chest and whined softly.