A goat and the Badgers

'crucio' - Talking

"crucio" - Thinking

*crucio* - Parseltongue

$crucio$ - Beast speak

'crucio' - newspaper, letter etc.

(crucio) - Author's note

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Charlus couldn't eat anymore at the Great Hall and had to eat at the kitchens and help with the chores.

The unsorted, were still wizards and witches, eligible to be up for sorting. However, when the Sorting hat was made. Salazar and Rowena insisted there be a category where a student cannot be sorted into any house. Even when Helga was insistent on taking the student in. Godric reminded her that kindness can be easily used as a double edged sword, Helga was MAD.

Dorian stepped in and explained that Hufflepuff also has a set of standards and that she knows it because she made them herself, and that her honorable house will not become a 'leftover' party. Helga agreed that the hat must only do this when it had literally no other choice. Dorian vigorously agreed.

Helga finally accepted the unsorted option and the Sorting hat was charmed that way. The unsorted had 3 years till their resorting. They were expected to gain a little bit more characteristics and personality during the time, hoping to learn from all the four houses. There was yet to be an unsorted who finished all 7 years without being sorted.

So Charlus Evan Potter, the boy who lived found himself in the corner of the warm kitchen, bustling with house elfs, eating some rice and chicken. He was already directed with helping the elfs in just picking up one of the spare table cloths and then he was free to go.

Ron walked into the Great hall. Face white as bone and shivering. He Hufflepuff house seemed to be radiating a rather intimidating aura because the Slytherins seemed to be smiling at them and the gryffindors were awed, even the Ravens were looking up from their books to see the drama.

Ron, was sitting the farthest away from the senior years. Eyes fixed on his barely filled plate, he flinched when some mashed potatoes were gently dropped on his plate. He turned his eyes towards Susan Bones, a small smile on her lips 'you should eat well, Ron' she whispered.

He nodded after feeling the cold glares of the perfect on his back. 't-thanks' he stuttered, Susan simply nodded and went back to eating.

Dumbledore, who seemed have not noticed the cold deadly aura radiating from the Yellow house table, loudly called 'Ron Weasley?' , Ron shrunk into himself as he felt the eyes of the entire school on him. Especially A particular killing curse green shining with curiosity. 'y-yes p-prof-fessor?' he asked timidly 'Ron, my boy would you be kind enough to go and fetch your friend, Charlus here' Dumbledore ordered.

Ron's eyes flew across his housemates', all threatening that if he dared to stand up, he'll never be forgiven. 'I-I can't- Headmaster, h-he is unsorted...Char-Charlus should follow t-the rules' he stuttered quietly. Dumbledore's eyes chilled, 'see me after Dinner' he said, his voice considerably colder.

'Excuse me, Headmaster' The seventh year, Edward MacMillan stood up 'May we know why? As a first year, he is still the responsibility of House Hufflepuff and I am rather sure that you will not be inviting Professor Sprout to this conversation?' he finished crisply.

Dumbledore sighed like a put upon grandfather and was about to answer when Elana Abbott raised her hand and continued 'I apologize professor but it is rather unprofessional to meet certain first years when not all of them were and Neither were any of my yearmates...makes me wonder Headmaster' she smiled, the implication clear as day.

Minerva was trying to hide her smile as Dumbledore turned red from the implication ' I don't quite understand what you are implying here, Miss Abbott' he asked, the warm grandfather all but gone 'I am quite sure you do, Headmaster' Elana Abbott smiled thinly.

Pomona Sprout stood up, 'I will accompany Mr. Weasley with you, Dumbledore' she smiled warmly as Ron who was frozen 'It is quite alright, Pomona, Mr. Weasley doesn't have a problem meeting me himself yes?' Dumbledore tried to save the remaining of his façade, Ron shook with shock and stuttered 'I-I would l-like Miss Sprout there' Dumbledore's posture visibly froze.

'Surely my boy, you don't mind-' He started 'Professor' Edward interrupted 'don't interrupt me, Mr. MacMillan' Dumbledore admonished 'He will be accompanied by me or he won't be meeting you, Dumbledore' Sprout said firmly.

Dumbledore sighed loudly before nodding and sitting down. Ron, still shocked at what had happened, slowly stood up and approached Elana Abbott and Edward MacMillan, who were sitting next to each other, eyes burning but still firmly on their meal 't-thank y-you, M-Miss Abbott, Mr. M-MacMillan' Ron stuttered quietly 'you are welcome, Mr. Weasley'

Edward gave him the smallest smile before turning back to his dinner 'you did well, Weasley, saying no...it takes quite some courage to do so' Elana stated 'you are welcome, go and complete your dinner, you still have homework due yes?' she asked, Ron blushed and nodded then bowed deeply and walked away.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

So there you go, Hufflepuffs ALWAYS stick together yes. I love them puffs.
Sorry I was very late with this. Life is shit.

The freak