Chapter Seven

After three days had passed, the time had come to start making their way to Diagon Alley. It had been one week since Sebastian had gotten Astoria from Hamilton and their plan was starting to unfold. The journey was definitely going to be interesting, but all three of them were up for it and ready. Sebastian and Astoria left The Three Broomsticks early, thanking Sirona for her hospitality, and met Ominis outside of the entrance to Hogwarts.

"I hope you're ready," Sebastian said to the both of them. He hadn't slept much the past three days, he was too busy thinking of every possibility of things that could happen. Astoria could see it on his face and it somewhat worried her, feeling a bit bad that she could rest peacefully under his care while he was practically busting his brain trying to think of everything.

Ominis shrugged, crossing his arms. "I was ready when I heard you two in my classroom."

Sebastian nodded, ignoring his sassy comment. "Alright, so, the first stop is Diagon Alley. I'll get to the Wand Shop and talk to Gerbold's brother and see if I can get that wand. Once we do that, we can go onto phase two." Astoria said, nodding her head as to confirm her own words.

"Phase two, what's phase two?" Ominis asked. "We're doing this in phases?"

Astoria grimaced. "Well– no not exactly, it just sounded cooler that way." She shrugged a bit, not thinking much of it. Sebastian grinned, his arms were still crossed but his expression was light-hearted.

"I like the way you think, Astoria." He grinned at her.

Astoria playfully rolled her eyes in his direction. "Alright so we'll take the Floo Network, there's plenty of places in Diagon Alley that use them." She was going to continue on with her words, but she stopped when she heard a noise of disgust from Ominis. "What, what is it?" She looked confused between Ominis and Sebastian.

Sebastian chuckled, knowing exactly what Ominis was groaning about. "Ominis hates the Floo Network. We tried to use it once back in Third year and he swore never to use it again." Sebastian's expression seemed almost taunting as he recalled the memory, trying not to burst out laughing and instead keeping his amusement down to just a low chuckle.

"I'm BLIND Sebastian!" Ominis exclaimed. "Do you know how nerve-wracking and nauseating it is to use that cursed Network? Please, my brother used to threaten me with that bloody thing." He shook his head. Most people would see this as an overreaction, but Astoria could understand where he was coming from. The Floo Network felt weird enough already, but she could only imagine how terrifying it must be for someone who couldn't even see. She also frowned at the mention of his brother, that nasty git.

"Hey, hey, hey. Don't get snarky with me buddy. I never forced you to use it after that. It's just more convenient." Sebastian shrugged.

Astoria butted into the conversation before a possible argument could start. "Why don't we just take the train? It goes straight to Kings Cross Station and we can get to Diagon Alley straight from there." She suggested, hoping that it'd be a more comfortable option for all three of them. "And besides, I think it'd be fun, you know, for old time's sake." She gave a small smile.

"I prefer that option much more," Ominis said, chuckling softly. Sebastian nodded his head in agreement. He would've protested about time, but his friends were willing enough to even listen to him and help him out with the whole situation, so he wasn't going to argue with them. After all, it would be nice to take the Hogwarts Express again and remember the times they spent on the train coming to school.

The three friends made their way to the train station. It was just southeast of Hogsmeade and wasn't too far, so walking would suffice. Astoria would be lying if she said her heart wasn't pounding a bit in her chest; nothing suspenseful was even happening, but it was the thought of what could happen that made her heart pick up. The reality of the situation was finally coming to her but she tried to compose herself the best she could, focusing on the scenery.