Chapter Thirty-One

The main camp was being taken down, after all there really was no need for it at all. After the chaos of the event had been vanquished, Rookwood and his followers returned to the camp to immediately start their preparations to leave for the repository. Rookwood didn't want to waste any time getting there so the actions were taken immediately. Tana had been taken into immediate medical care and was treated back at the camp. But needless to say, although she was alive, she was miserable.

She lay on her cot in the tent at the soon-diminished main camp looking as miserable as ever. A black eyepatch now across her face, covering what used to be her left eye. Not that she had one anymore, it had to be removed due to the damage that Astoria had caused to it after jabbing her wand straight into Tana's eye. No magic could fix the damage that was done, so to prevent further damage and problems, the doctors insisted on removing it entirely.

The first time she had seen herself without her left eye was a... traumatic experience to say the least. Her vision in her right eye was practically perfect but she would never take that eyepatch off ever again after seeing what she looked like without it.

Obviously she felt angry at Astoria, after all this was her fault. But at the same time Tana couldn't even blame her, she was defending herself and that was a fact Tana couldn't deny.

It was no lie to say that Tana was starting to doubt things after losing to both Astoria and even Rookwood in a way. All these weeks of planning, killing Bradley, trying to kill Rookwood's poacher society from the inside out was all in vain. She almost felt bad for Leon, she felt like she had led him on into helping her for nothing. Ah, why was this situation making her so sappy and sympathetic!? She hated it!

"This is pathetic," She groaned, rolling over on her cot and huffing. She'd need to start packing up all her belongings soon, they moved out in two days for the final repository location and she hadn't done anything since getting back to the camp. She felt too miserable to do so.

The flap to her tent opened and she shot up on her cot, only to see Leon enter. "Oh it's you," She said, rolling her eye a little bit before laying back down and huffing again.

Leon seemed to understand her mood so he didn't press her about anything at all, he obviously knew why she was like this. "Who else would it be?" He said with a small chuckle, moving into the tent and closing the flap. It was true, he was practically the only person she ever talked to in the entire camp. "Rookwood hasn't been in here, has he?" Leon asked, raising his brow at her. Tana shook her head no.

"He visited me in the medical tent once but that's it," Tana answered, sighing a bit. "Not sure if I wanted to see him anyway. My hatred for him is practically unmatched and I'm still not happy about our plan going down the drain. I had no idea Astoria could put up a fight like that."

Although he hadn't seen the fight, Leon had definitely witnessed the severity of Tana's injury so it wasn't hard to believe that Astoria had definitely put up a good and violent fight. He nodded his head in agreement with her. "Agreed, she seemed far too... posh to do that." He said, almost confusing himself. "How did she even manage to beat you? I mean, you put the fear of hell into some of the most intimidating men I know; me included."

Tana let out a sigh, shaking her head as if she didn't know the answer and it was true, she really didn't. "Well I was winning, I almost had her." She explained. "But then she got me off of her for a split second and she pulled out some... potion of sorts from her bag, it's like it made her go feral because the next thing I knew I was getting thrown over a banister into a sea of humans." She shuddered at that last part. The memory of being thrown off the stairs with a twenty-foot drop and killing two people in the impact was not the most comforting memory in her mind.