Chapter Twenty-Four

Sebastian, Ominis, and Astoria sat in the kitchen area discussing ways they could convince Rookwood to give them the cure for Anne. The conversation itself felt like a lost cause even within the first five minutes but they were determined to find a way to help Anne, even if that meant going through some bumps and hiccups on the way there.

The hardest part was actually figuring out what form the cure would take place in. As William had told Sebastian back in the prison camp, the cure for a personal curse made by someone could come in many forms. A spell, a potion, sometimes maybe even an herb. It really could be anything.

Knowing Rookwood, Astoria suspected that it was some form of spell or potion. William had told Sebastian that Anne was not the first victim of Rookwood's signature curse, hence why it was his signature curse in the first place, and that people he had used it on had been cured of it before by Rookwood. So an easy fix to that would be a spell or potion which would be easier to get. But the problem is, if it was a spell that means Rookwood himself would have to perform it and they knew that wasn't going to be an easy feat to get him to do so.

He had already shown he had no mercy for his victims when he taunted and threatened Sebastian with the curse itself at the prison camp. It almost seemed like there was no hope for getting this cure for Anne. But as said earlier, they were determined.

While thinking it all over, Astoria had an idea. She knew they probably wouldn't like it– or at least the direction it would have to go in, but it may have a positive outcome.

"Wait, I have an idea." She said, perking up a little bit. "Just let me... get it all out first before either of you oppose it, okay?"

Sebastian nodded his head but his face spoke other volumes. He knew it probably had something to do with Astoria risking something big but he knew he could trust her.

"Rookwood wants me, the magic I have. Only I know where the repository is." She started off while making sure she kept a close eye on Ominis' and Sebastian's expressions. "Of course, I would never actually tell him where it was, but what if I could trick him into it? Kinda like both side benefit kinda deal? What if I can somehow convince him to cure Anne and in return I "help" him find the repository?"

Instead of opposing like usual, Sebastian seemed pretty open to the idea. "That could... maybe actually work." He said. "But you do realize how risky that would be? I mean, what would be your backup plan if he finds out what you were going to really do? How do you know he won't just take what he wants the moment he sees you? I mean the imperius curse is a thing–,"

"The imperius curse can be fought back against," Astoria said with a firm voice. "But this plan could still work. Anne needs to be cured, she can't last forever like this. If we want any chance of giving her a normal life again, one without suffering, this is probably our best bet."

"I agree," Ominis said. How quickly he agreed and how he had no objections somewhat surprised Astoria for a moment but she knew Ominis and Anne were together and that Ominis knew Astoria could handle herself against Rookwood. She had done it once and she would definitely do it again.

Sebastian also was quite shocked. "That was quick," He muttered under his breath.

"I heard that, Sebastian." Ominis deadpanned "I may be blind but I can still hear."

Sebastian had a hint of embarrassment on his face while Ominis had an expression of complete seriousness. This matter was no light thing for him. While Sebastian, of course, wanted to cure his sister, it's what he wanted the most ever since it happened. But at the same time, Astoria risking her entire life for the cure was not something he was fond of. Ominis however knew Astoria could handle herself and he was desperate for Anne to be cured so she would no longer suffer all the pains and afflictions she did.