Chapter Twelve

Everything was going well... until Sebastian opened his mouth. Leander stood in the doorway of his house, looking the three up and down, mostly at Sebastian and Ominis. It was no surprise for him to see Astoria there, but he was definitely surprised to see the other two. "Um... Hi." He said, raising an eyebrow at Astoria, clearly wanting an explanation.

"First of all, Sebastian, be quiet," Astoria said, shooting a glare at him. "Second off, Hi!" She tried to put on a smile. "Can I um– can I talk to you for a moment?"

Leander gave them all one more look before stepping out of the house. "Yeah, sure, whatever you need Astoria." He said, nodding at her.

Sebastian glared at the redhead as he walked over to the side of the house with Astoria to talk with her. The moment they were on the other side, Ominis smacked Sebastian upside the head. "What on earth were you thinking?" He exclaimed, putting his hands on his hips. His glare was deadly and he knew exactly where his friend was standing so it made it slightly scarier that he was staring dead at him.

"Ow!" Sebastian exclaimed, rubbing the back of his head. "What was that for?"

"You know good and well what that was for!" Ominis snapped. "He just opened his door and then you say that? Please, Sebastian, have some respect for a man in his own home!"

Sebastian looked offended, but then he just shrugged. "We weren't in his home yet, so I don't see the problem here." He said, crossing his arms. It was no secret that he was not a fan of Leander Prewett, especially when said man was around his girlf– ex-girlfriend.

Ominis took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "Sebastian, I am blind yet I can see more of a problem here than you." He said, shaking his head. "Just give him a chance, okay? This is the way Astoria wanted to do this and so you're going to be cooperative, no matter how much you dislike him, okay?"

Sebastian looked at him with his brows furrowed. "You knew about this, didn't you? She told you, that's the only reason why you're okay with it!"

"No, I'm okay with it because we're not in school anymore, Sebastian." Ominis sighed. "And since Astoria is no longer your girlfriend. If that weren't the case, I probably would have more problems with this but it isn't. So calm down before I smack you again!"

Sebastian felt a tightness in his stomach at Ominis' words, although he was right. Sebastian sighed and rolled his eyes. "Fine, fine, I'll be cooperative." He said, sighing a bit. He realized he was being a bit childish and unfair, and coming from the conversation he had with Astoria earlier, he should probably give some grace and act his age. Although he had scuffles and rivalries with Leander throughout school, Ominis was right, they weren't at school anymore.

A few minutes later, Leander and Astoria came walking back out from the side of the house, walking straight past the boys and going inside. Astoria waved them in behind her as she followed Leander inside and Ominis and Sebastian followed suit.

"You're lucky my mates are out, if you came any sooner there wouldn't be too much room," Leander said, with a slight chuckle.

"Thank you, nonetheless, Leander." Astoria smiled at him. "I know this is short notice and all, so we all really appreciate it."

Leander showed them to some extra rooms that they could stay in, but Sebastian was wondering what they had even spoken about on the side of the house. He assumed it was something about this, obviously, but he was curious as to what exactly it was.

He could hear Astoria and Leander chatting in the next room over and he tried to push the feeling of jealousy down and away. "Don't let your feelings get in the way, remember?" He thought to himself, taking a deep breath. He couldn't let his feelings for her ruin this, and he was trying to do what she wanted and keep her happy. And if he had to endure this for however long, he would try his best to do so.