Chapter Thirty-Three

The next morning the trio woke up bright and early to get a move on back to the school. Since they knew where it was and since they could apparate most of the way or even if they found a Floo system outside of the swamp they could use that to get there. Ominis said because of the occasion that he would be more willing to do it. Although he never said he wouldn't complain about it if they had to.

But they wanted to reach the school before Rookwood did. They were almost desperate to but at the same time, the situation with curing Anne came up as well. Feldcroft was close to the school so they said they'd stop there first and give the cure to Anne and then leave to the school. Although that made it a little bit of a risk, they didn't know how much time Anne had left and they'd rather her be alive than dead.

So after everything was quickly packed up, they were ready to go. "I'm so glad we're finally getting out of here. Honestly, I thought I was going to go insane if I was in here for any longer than we had to." Ominis said with a sigh of relief.

Sebastian let out a small chuckle. "I completely agree. I thought I'd handle it better but after everything that's happened and spending so long out here, I'm so ready to leave." He said in agreement with Ominis' statement.

"Well, good thing we're leaving right now," Astoria said as she opened the door. After taking a few steps out the door, she saw a figure in the distance that seemed like it was drawing nearer to them. Astoria's brows furrowed as she tried to get a better look at the figure who was moving closer. "What is that?" She asked, mostly to herself, as her eyes were set on this figure.

Sebastian looked over to the figure Astoria was speaking of while he shut the door. "No idea," He said. He immediately drew his wand and got in front of Ominis and Astoria, putting his wand up. Astoria did the same and after Ominis heard them speak, he followed suit.

"Who's there?" Sebastian called out, keeping his wand out in front of him defensively.

The figures' footsteps crunched with every step and then a very familiar "OW!" came from the figure as they walked straight into a tree branch. "Good Merlin I can't see a single thing through all of this stuff. I'd burn it down if I could." The voice sounded more and more familiar as they drew closer and Astoria realized who it was. The figure sputtered as they walked out of the foliage.

It was Alexander!

He had caught them just in time. "Alexander!" Astoria said, immediately putting her wand away and running to go hug her little brother. She threw her arms around his shoulders and squeezed him tightly. Alexander laughed a bit as he hugged his sister back. It definitely wasn't the reaction he was expecting, in fact, he didn't even know if she was going to be here, It was hard to navigate after all but he was excited to see her again after so long.

"It's so good to see you! Are you growing a beard? Did you get any taller? I remember you being shorter the last time I saw you." Astoria gushed as she pulled away from the hug she was sharing with her brother. It had been months since she had seen him, almost an entire year and she was excited to see him after almost dying a couple hundred times.

Alexander chuckled a bit. "You know I'm twenty-two, right?" He asked. He looked up to see Sebastian and Ominis. Sebastian was putting his wand away after realizing who it was, although if Astoria hadn't shouted his name Sebastian would've never recognized Alexander. The last time Sebastian saw him, he was still a sixteen-year-old boy. "Forgot you were gonna be here," Alexander said to him in a slightly sarcastic tone. Although Astoria and Sebastian were back together again, Alexander didn't know that and still thought they were exes.

"They always forget the good ones," Sebastian quipped back with a small grin on his face.

Astoria ignored her brother and Sebastian's interaction. "You caught us just in time, we were just about to head back to the school. Rookwood got the upper hand on us so we're intercepting him there. For a while, I was beginning to think you weren't coming." She said to Alexander.