Chapter Twenty

Sebastian awoke from a kick to his stomach. His eyes shot open and he groaned, moving away from whomever had just kicked him. He looked up and saw it was Tana. "Oh great, you again?" He groaned, sneering a bit at her.

"You are getting far too comfortable acting like that around me," Tana snarled, yanking him up by the back of his shirt. "The only reason why you're still alive is because of Rookwood. If I had my way, you'd be dead by now, so keep that in mind next time you disrespect me."

Sebastian smirked through the pain, "If Rookwood still wants me alive that means in the time he still wants me I can say whatever I want to you." Sebastian Sallow was full of sass, even in dire situations. Tana narrowed her eyes, she looked extremely angry. She was straining not to defy orders and whip out her wand and kill him right then and there. Sebastian let out a mischievous chuckle, knowing just how bad she wanted to do it.

Tana let out an annoyed breath and signaled to the two poachers with her to grab Sebastian. He felt too accomplished making her angry to even care as they grabbed his shoulders and started dragging him out of the cell block, he had the biggest grin on his face when he saw Tana's face as they dragged him out. He was giggling in his head.

They dragged him to a different tent and down some wooden stairs, he knew where this was going. "You guys really need to invest in getting some new torture chambers because this is getting a little bit boring." He said in a sarcastic tone.

One of the poachers rolled his eyes, clearly unamused. "You just don't know when to shut up, do you?" He asked as he and the other poacher dragged Sebastian up to the wall to cuff his wrists to the wall, the heavy chains clanking as they did.

"As a matter of fact, I do not." He said with a grin. He knew acting like this would definitely make everything more painful by angering all of them, but hey, he thought this may be his last day alive; so why not make it fun? Desmond always told him that if he had to spend the last day of his life away from his family, he'd be laughing and joking to make himself feel better. And well– Sebastian was away from the people he loved the most, his family, and it could be his last day alive. So he might as well follow Desmond's words.

Hours later, he was being dragged back to the cellblock, covered in cuts and bruises. As he was being dragged in, William furrowed his brows and moved closer to the cell door. He could see blood dripping from Sebastian's arm, which he quickly identified as cuts from the short-bladed dagger he had unfortunately come to know so well.

The poachers moved Sebastian to his cell and dropped him. He hit the floor with a sickening thud and groaned, but he was too weak to move. All the snarky comments from earlier had been worth it though.

"I see you're still alive," William chuckled, sitting back against the cold stone wall.

"And I'm wishing I wasn't." Sebastian groaned, turning over on his back and looking up at the ceiling of the cell. "But at least that psycho-blondie wasn't there. I can't even stand looking at her after what she said yesterday... she really is cruel."

William nodded his head in agreement. "Cruel things make cruel people." He spoke. "Although... if you don't mind me asking... she said something about you killing your uncle. I'm surprised you're not in Azkaban for that. Care to elaborate?"

"What a strange guy," Sebastian thought. Who asks someone about them killing their uncle after they were just tortured. He really didn't want to elaborate but he knew William was just curious. In fact, Sebastian had almost the same amount of curiosity to know why he wasn't in Azkaban by now. Of course, Astoria, Anne, and Ominis had kept it a secret, but the fact that nobody else had found it was quite interesting. Although he was grateful they hadn't. He sat up, wincing and then he looked in William's direction. "Well... I was Fifteen–,"