V

How To Vote

Ya-YouYa'-Ya'll_________________

Ya-You
Ya'-Ya'll
_________________

           David is awoken by an alarm blaring and he lowly groans

           David is awoken by an alarm blaring and he lowly groans. The sound was horrible and it was still dark out. He feels the bed shift so he turns around. Darrian was sitting up, shuffling around before he turned the noise off. He goes to the closet and turns the light on. It made David squint his eyes but Darrian closed the door and David let his head fall on the pillow, drifting off back to sleep.

***

         David woke up again, this time on his own and it was now day time. He noticed Darrian wasn't in bed and reluctantly got out of it, the plush carpet inviting his feet. He took this time to look around the room since he didn't last night and Darrian wasn't lying when he said he was a sneaker head. He had tons of shoe boxes planted on the wall with one of the shoes displayed on top. His gaming system was sat on an old dresser with the t.v. next to it and all of his games were thrown around it.

         Madden, 2k23, and Grand Theft Auto were just some of the games which David had never heard of before. When he lived with his family, his brother and him didn't know about gaming systems and things of that nature, they were very family oriented.

           A body mirror sat in the corner and David stared at himself. He believed he was a decent looking boy.

          A soft knock on the open door causes him to look away.

         "Good morning," Fab greeted him with a smile. "How'd you sleep?"

         "Good morning and I slept real good. Darri's bed is really comfortable."

         She laughs before leaning against the threshold. "The offer still stands if you want to stay a few nights."

         David looks down before looking at her again. "Though this is really nice, I feel like I'a be invadin' ya' space and privacy."