I

How To Vote

_________________

_________________

        David limps up the steps of Fab's unit, his whole body burning in pain

        David limps up the steps of Fab's unit, his whole body burning in pain. He passed out from the blows to his head and had been out for hours in that alleyway resulting in it being dark when he woke up.

         And being that he woke up in the same spot, no one had noticed him or if they did they hadn't cared to check on him. His journey back to Fab's place had been hell and he would become dizzy every few minutes causing him to stumble and have to stop to take breaks.

          He digs into his pockets for the key given to him but it was missing. The boys must've taken that too. He settles for knocking on the door.

Someone could be heard approaching the door from inside and when it flys open, a distraught Fab appears and she gasps. "Oh my god DD! What happened?!"

          His lip was busted, both of his eyes were swollen and there were bruise splotches. She pulls him inside and closes the door.

"I got jumped."

"What?! By who?!"

"Some boys. They would always bother me when I was homeless."

"Why would they do this ta you?! Come on. Come to the bathroom." He follows her and she makes him sit on the toilet. "Darri! Bring me the frozen pack of peas." She grabs his jaw gently and moves his head around to see all the damage done. "Poor baby. They messed up ya beautiful face."

           "Why you need—woah." Darrian made himself apparent with the frozen vegetables in his hand, staring at David in shock. "What happened ta him?"

         Fab takes the pack and places it on his bruised eye. "Some boys jumped him. Can you believe that?"

         David avoids looking at Darrian who just stayed silent and stared at him.

David felt like he was being judged and he didn't like that; it made him anxious. Darrian was probably thinking, 'how are you a boy but you can't stand up for yaself?'

          He eventually went back to his room and Fab cleaned David's lip before applying ointment to his injuries.

        "They took the money you gave me and ya key," he admits lowly, "I'm sorry."

         "Don't worry about it. As long as you're safe. That's all that matters. I was worried about you. Once it hit eleven I started thinkin' you decided to go back to your old livin' ways."

         "No ma'am. Will we still go shoppin'?" He fiddles with the bottom of his shirt nervously, realizing that what he said sounded desperate. "Youn have ta take me I'm jus' askin' 'cause you said you would."

"Yes I will baby. But it won't be anytime soon. I want ya face to clear up a little bit. Is there any bruising on your body?"

          "I ain't check but prolly."

          She nods. "Jus' get some rest."

"Yes ma'am."

         He takes a quick shower, the water soothing the pain and then he lays down

         He takes a quick shower, the water soothing the pain and then he lays down. All of the lights were off except the T.V. Darrian was watching.

        David was facing away from him, the pea's placed on his eye. He regretted going out today.

         "I know you think I'm pussy," he mumbles out the blue.

        It went silent and he instantly felt stupid for saying anything. Why did he have to be so weir—

           "Ion think you pussy. I jus' feel like everybody grew up different so they react differently ta things."

         "...But you'd think I'd know how ta defend myself since I been on the streets fa so long."

        "Nah, that don't mean none, people look at situations differently. Not everybody come up wit' a hard exterior cause they went through struggles. It could break them. You jus' gotta learn the ways of the world so you ca' mentally and physically survive. Learn how ta fight, use ya words."

          David ponders on what he said. "Thank you fa the wise words."

"It ain't none. But things will get betta."

𝑊𝐴𝑁𝑇𝑇𝐻𝐸𝑁𝐸𝑋𝑇𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅?𝑉𝑂𝑇𝐸55+

𝑊𝐴𝑁𝑇
𝑇𝐻𝐸
𝑁𝐸𝑋𝑇
𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅?
𝑉𝑂𝑇𝐸
55+

𝑇𝐻𝑂𝑈𝐺𝐻𝑇𝑆???

ᴛʜʀᴇᴇsɪxɴɪɴᴇᴋɪ ᴘʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴs.