𝐃

How To Vote

_________________

_________________

          The teen throws a punch at the other causing him to stumble and the crowd cheers loudly

David looked like a deer caught in headlights seeing what was going on in front of him. It was one AM and Darrian had dragged him to an illegal underground fight. It was down in a cut in a abandoned garage. The white lights illuminating the place.

There was an actual ring in the middle and around 50 people surrounded it, filling the small space. David, Darrian, and his friends were right at the front so they had the best view. Noti was vlogging the whole thing.

"Yoooo that Nigga jus' got his shit knocked out," he yells turning the camera to himself. Then he turns the camera to Darrian's friends who threw up gang signs before turning the camera to Darrian and David. Neither was paying attention to the camera but Noti laughs and it catches Darrian's attention. "DD look scared as hell," Noti yelled over the loudness. Darrian looks at David, laughing while patting the boy's back.

          The fight went on, the boy who got punched losing. He began to stumble so much that he fell and his opponent picked him up before slamming him. David winces. He didn't like this kind of entertainment.

Everyone continued to cheer, egging them on until the false referee grabbed one of their hands and held it in the air. The boy who lost had to be escorted off of the mat and David was stuck staring at the blood trails on the floor. It brought back flashbacks from when he would get beat up.

They stuck around the block and played dice or shot BB guns. David didn't get in on the fun, too stuck in his head. He was becoming anxious and felt like one of these people would randomly start charging him. He sat on a stoop, his leg bouncing rapidly as he made sure to watch his surroundings. He also kept an eye on Darrian who was currently one of the one's playing dice; David didn't want to lose sight of him. He felt as though if he was there, no one could hurt him too badly.

***

Darrian had his arm thrown over David's shoulder as they walked back home. David still felt uneasy and decided to bring up the events of tonight.