Chapter 1

This is just a TEST ! I am ONLY putting this chapter out to see how we'll it'll do in a week. Cannot say when the next chapter'll be updated.

••••••••••••••••••••••

" Fat mama , get down here so we can take pictures before its time to leave . . Its a 3 hour drive to your dorm and we need all the time we can get " my mother called out to me.
" Mama , Please . Stop callimg me ' fat mama ' that name isn't on my birth certificate " I responded coming down the steps carrying the last of my bags.
" Little girl , I've been calling you fat mama since the day I found out you we're a girl. And I damn sure ain't finna stop now. " she said putting her hand on her hip.
" I know mama. But it doesn't make me feel too good about myself. And besides. I'm heading to college. And when people start making fun of me Kaylin won't be there to save me now. Don't you think we should hang up the 'fat mama' nickname " I insisted.
" Listen here Unique. You are beautiful. . No matter what anyone says. You have to love yourself. You have to love yourself before you can love anyone else. . . You have to realize that one day you will find someone who loves you the way you are. Baby , you may not believe it but you are worthy to be loved. Don't let them people look down on you and make you feel like your worthless. . . Look at it this way . . Everyone whos ever made fun of you will probably amount to nothing. . They'll be taking your order one day. Oh and you don't need your brother to save you. I raised you well enough to save yourself." my mother told me holding my hands.
I nodded. " Yes ma'am . . . And you're right. . Thank you soo much. "
" Of course. Anything for my fat - . . . Oops sorry. " my mother said with a giggle.
" Its ok mama. Only you can call me that. " I said laughing.
" I love you fat mama "
" I love you too mommy. "
" Alright. Enough of this mushy stuff. Lets go . . . We got a college to get to. " my mom said pushing me out of the door.

5 Hours Later

" Ughhhh , Finally we're here. " I said as we pulled up in front of her dorm.
" Yeah , it was supposed to take 3 hours but that damned traffic. " mom said.
" Lets go find my room and roommate. " I said getting a little excited.

After finding my dorm room and moving my things in I was kind of happy to see that my roommate hadn't gotten there yet so I got first call on the side of the room that I wanted.
My dorm room was pretty big. It had 2 closets , 2 bathrooms , 2 full sized beds and 4 big dressers each having a mirror on top of it. I liked it because if me and my roommate didn't get a long we wouldn't have to cross eachothers path.
After me and my mom unpacked most of my things my roommate finally arrived.
She and her mother came into the room.
" Heyyy Girl , my name is Ashley . . . " she said pulling me into a hug.
" I'm Unique , " I replied hugging her back . . . I was excited that she was my roommate. . . I could tell right away that we were going to bestfriends.
" Oooh girl you so cute . . . I like your style. Don't worry. I'm not gay , I just give props where props are due." She said spinning me around.
" Ashley Danielle Brown , get it together " Her mother scolded her.
I laughed. " Thanks girly you are too. " I told her. Because she really was cute. She was about 5'5 the same height as me. With cute curly hair that came to the middle of her back. She was thick , like me. She seemed to weigh 175 pounds. With brownskin skin with deep dimples.
" Thanks girl , I try. " she said.
" I think our parents forgot about us. " I told her looking at our moms laugh and talk to eachother totally forgetting about us.
" Good " she whispered making me burst out laughing.
" I heard that Ashley. " her mom said.
We both laughed.

I helped Ashley unpack her things .

" Alright ladies , we are about to leave. So lets say our ' see yah later's ' already. " Ms. Brown , Ashleys mother said.
We all stood in a group hug and started crying.
" I love you Unique , and I am beyond proud of you. " My mother said kissing me on my forehead.
" I love you too mom , and thank you. " I said kissing her cheek.
" Remember ladies. . . . Know your worth . . . And never let anyone make you feel less than what you are. " My mother told us.
" Yes ma'am. " Me and Ashley said.
" Call us when you two get in." I said.
" Yes mother. " My mother joked.