Chapter 14

I was sitting in the library studying for my Human Behavior exam when suddenly my phone started blasting "Love on the Brain" by Rihanna. Everyone shushed me and the librarian looked at me over the rim of her glasses. It was clearly a warning. Turn the phone off or leave.

I gathered my things and headed to the hallway of the library before I finally got the chance to answer the phone.

"Yes babe?" I answered Andre'.

"Wassup ma? What took you so long to answer?"

"I was in the library studying for my Human Behavior exam, when your rington started blasting through the entire library." I chuckled.

He laughed. "My bad ma. I was just calling to let you know won't be able to make it to dinner tonight, coach wants us to practice late. You know the big game is coming up. And if I'm being honest I need to brush up on my game a little bit."

"Babeeeeee, I've had this night planned for weeks. It was supposed to be special." I whined into the phone. Even though I wasn't gonna put up a fight, who was I to stop his hustle?

"I know ma, but I'll make it up to you."

"You've said the 4 times in the past month already and it's just the middle of the month Andre'."

"I know baby, and I'm sorry."

"You're not sorry, you APOLOGIZE!" I emphasized the last word. I hate when he says sorry, when anyone says sorry, actually. We weren't raised to be sorry.

"I apologize." He corrected himself.

"It's okay baby. I understand. The game is important. And isn't them scouts gonna be there?" I asked, knowing how important this game would be for his future.

"Yeah baby, I could get drafted." He said sounding excited.

"I thought you were gonna finish your degree before you got drafted."

"That's why I love you ma. You don't care about me getting money, you want me to go to school."

"I mean, what do you expect? Me to be all up your ass about getting drafted into some money and contract? Nahh, I'd rather you get an education first, then do that. You always need a backup plan. Even though you a beast at what you do." I said, hyping him up.

"You right baby. God forbid I fuck me leg up or my arm. I gotta make sure I'm good." He said.

"Yeah baby. I agree. But you got this. You sexy beast." I said with a giggle. Just as I heard Coach Holmes yelling in his background.

"You know wassup ma. But I'ma let you get back to studying Coach is calling for us. I love you ma."

"I love you more. Gimmie kiss." I smiled into the phone.

"Muahhhhh. Don't be telling no body you got a brotha out here kissing you through the phone and shit." He said before laughing and hanging up.

I went back into the library to finish studying.

I pulled out my books and got back to work.

About 10 minutes later someone approached the table.

"I'm sorry, is this seat taken?" The deep voice asked.

I looked up into the eyes of Jordan.

"Woahh, Miss. Unique." He said looking down at me.

"Don't pretend like you didn't know it was me." I said, venom lased in my voice. I started packing my things getting ready to leave. He was CLEARLY trouble, and I wanted no parts of that shit.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"The hell away from you. I'm not for your games. And whatever you have against my boyfriend, dead that shit and leave me the fuck out of it." I whisper shouted at him, all the while he smiled at me.

"Ma, I'm not tryna put you in anything, and I'm not tryna ruin your relationship. I just needed a seat to study, everywhere else is taken." He said motioning around the library. He was right, every seat was taken.

I huffed before sitting back in my seat.

"Please? I promise I won't bother you. You won't even notice I'm here." He promised with a hopeful smile on his face.

"Fine, but don't say a damned thing to me." I said after a minute or so, grabbing a huge book that I wasn't using anymore opening and putting it between us, even though he was sitting across from me.

"What are we in? In middle school? I told you I wasn't gonna bother you." He grumbled.

"Deal with it." I said, before turning my attention back to my studying.

After 2 hours of studying I was finally done for the day. It dawned on me that Jordan had stayed true to his word and hadn't bothered me at all. Though, he did make his presence known. Not because he was doing anything, but because he was wearing my favorite cologne, the kind that Andre' wears and it only made me miss my boyfriend more.

It was only 7 o' clock and I knew that Dre would be at practice at least until 11 because Coach always made them practice late when a big game was coming up. Ashley, Jewel and Gem were all at the practice, keeping me updated so I had no reason not to believe him.

I packed my things and got up to leave, when Jordan's hand shot out and caught my wrist. Which I automatically snatched out of his grip.

He put his hands up. "I just wanted to say thank you for letting me study here, to be safe and have a good night." He said with an innocent smile that made my knee's buckle.

Oh, hell nahh, knee's buckled? Bitch, you gotta stay the fuck away from him. I thought to myself, that cannot be good.

"It's cool, thank you. You too." I said turning and leaving. The whole time thinking about this situation.

It was clear him and Dre had bad blood between each other, I have no idea why but they did. It had to be bad. But what he'd done today, I just don't see him as the monster Andre' made him out to be. Normally, I like to form my own opinion of a person, but this here situation was different. I couldn't do that because now, my man was involved and my relationship was at stake. 

Either way, something about him had me wondering what was his story. I wanted to know more about him. Hell, at this moment I felt like I needed to know.

There was something about him, something that instantly drew me to him from the day I first met him. There was something there. Something in his eyes that made me my chest tighten and the same thing happened today.

But who could I talk toabout this? I could call my mom, but she loved Andre' too much no to be biased.I was too ashamed to tell any of my friends. I guess this is something I mustkeep to myself.

_______________________________________________________

Hey Everyone, 

I want to say thank you for reading, I hope you all like it. 

Have a good day.