Truth

Half an hour ago, we were cuddled up together by the shore. He randomly suggested that we should take a walk down by the beach. He said he had something to show me so of course, I had to follow him.

Brilliant sunrise shining amid infinite hues of yellow and pink, the waves ruffling in ripples by the shore. The responsibility of saving Neteyam weighed me down and has been plaguing my mind ever since I got here but being with Neteyam, really made me forget about all of that

If I ever go back home, I'll look back at these memories which will be difficult to discern which parts are real, and which parts are not. But to me this whole place feels real, more than vivid.

All I know is that I'm here, walking next to Neteyam. It feels wrong to be happy, it's basically my job to worry about everything. But just for one day, I could pretend it didn't exist at all.

"So what is it that you wanted to show me so bad?" I asked Neteyam as he lead me to a jungle like area that was behind the village. It almost resembled the forest of Pandora.

Neteyam showed me the spot where the Ikran were staying, calm and collective, his Ikran was delighted to see him. He pet his Ikran as gracefully and gentle as Neytiri did in the first movie, it's even more beautiful in person.

"Don't be afraid." He said looking back at me while his hand was caressing his Ikran. "They smell fear." He teased as a small smile formed in my lips.

"Ikran may see fear but they don't smell it." I said, Neteyam raised his eyebrow in shock and it hit me that I shouldn't know what those things are anyways.

"You know the Ikran?" He said suprised and a little impressed. "I mean.. sort of. when I used to travel a lot.." I began thinking of something that could make up my mistake. "I liked to spend my time observing creatures that can fly, kind of like birds."

"I see," Neteyam said. "So you observe creatures?"

"I like to observe them because they're interesting beings." I mused, my gaze following the long wing on his Ikran. " especially the Ikran, it's interesting how the ride gets to choose the rider instead of the other way around."

"It is unusual, but the great thing about them is they only have one rider their whole life. Kind of like choosing a mate in that matter." Neteyam added, the word mate echoed in my head and shivers down my spine. What did he exactly mean by that? Was he going to choose me as his mate? Can he? Knowing that he's going to die right after. But I'm here to prevent that, so if that were to happen I would have more of a reason to save him.

I'm so fucked

I watched Neteyam as his expression was flushed with embarrassment, maybe he realized what he had said.

"You okay Naya? I apologize for that. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."Neteyam worried as he noticed my anxious demeanor. " its okay, I understood what you meant." I say assuring him. There was a awkward silence as neither of us didn't know what to say.

"I think we should head back." I said breaking the ice. "You should probably check up on Lo'ak and see how it went."

"You're right. Hopefully I won't have to help him with his ass beating this time." He chuckled at his own joke. " you're way too proud of that for your own good." I laugh.

"We had a good reason so im going to be proud about it." He said happily. Right, they both went in the fight because of me and Kiri.

When we returned back to the village Aonung came in searching for Neteyam with a worried look on his face.

"What's going on?" I ask Aonung, I didn't want to talk to him especially now, but he seemed worried so it had to be something urgent.

"It's Lo'ak. He hasn't come back."