Clarity

Morning felt like such a chore, Ronal made me and Tsireya pick up some food from the gatherers harvest and stop by the fishing market. I saw Aonung helping the men hunting the fish, he didn't look to pleased to be lending them a hand.

Me and Tsireya Watch from a far as Aonung helps the hunters with the fish out in the reef.

"I'm guessing the Olo'ekytan made Aonung help the hunters today as punishment?" I chuckled to myself watching Aonung.

"yeah, last night was rough. You should have seen how mad Aonung got— ."

She paused for a moment and looked at me with curiosity.

"As a matter of fact, where were you last night?" She raised an eyebrow. How could she have known I was gone? I thought she was sleeping?

"I— uh.. ya know.. training?" I nervously laughed, I really sucked at lying and it's actually terrible when I try too.

"right.. 'training'." She quoted the last word as if she didn't believe it was true, and it really wasn't.

"anyways." She began. " Aonung got really upset and he started punching the very thin walls of the Pod. It woke me up and I thought someone had gotten inside." She laughed, I couldn't believe Aonung would do that.

"oh.." I said quietly not knowing what else to say to that. " that's something I never thought Aonung would do."

"Right, like grow up." Tsireya said as we proceeded to walk back to our Pod to give Ronal her food.

-
"Get anything you might need and meet us out in the shore, get your Ilu while your at it." Tsireya instructed as she left the Pod. Today we were to show the Sully siblings the ancestors cove.

Which means I'll forcibly have to see Neteyam, and I would be overly thrilled for that, if I didn't get sent here to save him from his death date and actually be a true Navi— I would be cool about it.

But no, unfortunately fate decides for itself.

I went to our room that we shared to see if I forgot anything i needed. Checking and tidying up so there wasn't much cleaning to do later. I only brought my hunting dagger just incase, and went out the room passing Aonungs who was just next door to us.

I took a glance at his room and I was shocked to see the mess he left. Tsireya was right, he did smash his walls and some antiques. And his mattress was a mess. I decided not to touch anything as much as I wanted to fix it, it wasn't my place to intervene.

I quickly got out the Pod and made it to the shore where everyone was as quickly as I could. All the sully siblings where there but one— Lo'ak. It wasn't surprising, I remember in the movie he left to go see Payakan again.

This is bad. Once we get to the cove Kiri is going to have a seizure which will cause the humans to come. And that's one of the reasons quaritch could track down Jake, either I prevent Kiri from having that Seizure or I prevent Jake from calling Norm.

I got in the shore and called for my Ilu, hoping that Neteyam wouldn't come near me, but still keeping a close watch to him.

I've never wanted to be so close, yet so far away from someone.

"Took you long enough." Aonung rolled his eyes, jokingly.

" aren't you supposed to be hunting with the fishermen right now?" I snapped at him. " yeah, I just wanted to see you guys leave that's all." I reluctantly nod as I tucked my dagger in its carry-on vest and grabbed the handle of my Ilu.

"Oh yeah, you remembered your dagger. Hope you don't get attacked by a Tulkun." He began to laugh at his own joke. I just stared at him in confusion, did he seriously find Lo'ak almost dying a joke?

"he almost died, I don't think you should be laughing." I said seriously, referring to Lo'ak. his eyes flickered for a moment in guilt and pain.

"Better laugh than to smash all your things huh?" I chuckled, I could tell that he realized I went into his room. I grabbed the handle of my Ilu tightly and began to guide it too where the others were at.

I could see Neteyam staring at Aonung in contempt, could he have heard the conversation we just had? I really hope not.

I swam through the water on the back of my Ilu, Buddy. The name stuck because of Tsireya so I kept it at that. I admired the life around me and it put a smile on my face, I'll have to take advantage of everything I see and fully take it in because I know one day it'll be gone.

When we swam up to the surface, Tsireya spoke, "we are here." She said. "This is the cove of the ancestors, our most sacred place."

I looked around me to see the others reactions and smiled as I saw the sullys in awe. The view was incredible, better than the movie. The floating mountains looked ethereal as they levitated above the water, defying the laws of physics. If there even is such a thing here.

"Eclipse is the best time of day to be here." I told the Sullys as I held my hand before my eyes while looking up at the sun that was slowly disappearing. Before we knew it, it was already dark, making everything even more beautiful.

I never got tired of the amount of bioluminescence Pandora has.

Our group carried on the journey to the spirit tree. When we arrived, it was hard to miss the tree when it was a huge blob of pink and orange glow.

"This is it." Tsireya said, "this is the spirit tree."

I glanced one last look at the floating mountains, still wondering how in the world is it able to do that. Even though I didn't want to talk to Neteyam, I couldn't help but smile at Neteyam from a far at the look of astonishment seeing his surroundings. As I caught up to Tsireya and Aonung, we dived in to the cove.

As expected, Tsireya beckoned Kiri to connect her queue to the ancestral tree and I looked to my surroundings anxiously thinking on what to do.

I wasn't going to connect my queue, I figured I'd just watch. I know if I prevent Kiri from connecting, I'll start to be suspicious to everyone and there is no logic reason why I shouldn't let her.

The sense of fear had overtaken me quickly, panicked when I notice Neteyam swam next to me.

" why aren't you connecting to the tree?" He signed, raising an eyebrow.

" I'm just tired." I signed, having no expression in my face. I did feel bad about my behavior towards him but what else am I supposed to do?

I swam a bit farther from Neteyam, hoping he'd get the hint. And it hurt doing so because there was nothing more that I wanted than to be close to him.

suddenly, commotion arose. Kiri was having the seizure, just as expected. She flailed in the water, panicking. I shot Tsireya a panic glance as I quickly saw Neteyam get his sister out of that state. In a heartbeat, I swam to help him too.

maybe I was setting boundaries, but in this case it didn't matter.

The tree and Kiri's bioluminescence were going awol , flashing on and off. When the tree of spirits lost its glow, I saw Tsireya gasp from shock.

Kiri no longer had any movement, but me and Neteyam were successful to bring her up to the surface.

Neteyam placed Kiri on the back of his Ilu before he got on, " it was a seizure," Neteyam told them before pinching her nose to blow air into her lungs, giving her CPR

"Is she breathing?" I asked, no response from Neteyam. "Is she?" Rotxo added since Neteyam didn't answer me, while still giving CPR to Kiri.

Her body remained limp and her eyes were shut.

"Quick! Let's get her back to the village." Tsireya called.

I did not wait around for the others and connected my queue to Buddy and swam in a hurry.

-

A/n

My bad for the long update, dealing with fam issues but I hope y'all like this one.