What a feeling

I was so happy to have the Tulkun back with us, it's like nothing could bring down my spirit. It feels like so much has happened in such a short time that this is what I needed, what everyone needed to ease their minds. For the first time in a while, I actually kept a smile on my face.

In every Tulkun return, the people of the village celebrate by throwing a decent party or festival as one calls it here. It was something we did often in the Metkayina clan and I already knew what to expect. These parties were fun, it kind of reminds me of a holiday festival of some sort.

Tsireya insisted on doing my hair for the festival, after the last one she was quite disappointed at my appearance. She claims that I need to dress up more for these things.

I could care less in all honesty, but this time it's different.

Maybe because I know Neteyam will be there. I know I shouldn't be getting excited about it, since I promised myself I'd keep my distance. It's getting harder and harder everyday, and I know it's my fault that I keep falling for him.

"Ow! That hurt Tsireya!" I wince in pain after Tsireya kept tightening my braids, "if you keep moving it'll hurt less." She says, doing the opposite.

"Is it necessary for my hair to have all these things?" I ask messing with the many beads and hair decor on my head. I looked like a siren from those mythology textbooks. "Yes it is. Especially if you want to impress Neteyam." She said in a sing song voice, I rolled my eyes at her.

I chuckle, "who said I wanted to impress him?" She gives me a side eye and smirks. "Oh please, yknow that I know you do."

There was a minute of silence, awkwardness if you will. That's never happened to me and Tsireya before, she's the type of person you could talk to and not run out of things to talk about.

"Did I say something wrong?" She asks concerned, I shook my head. "No, it's not you." I took a moment to speak again. "It's just.. complicated between us I guess. I've never really had the chance to tell him how I feel."

Tsireya's face formed the biggest smile I've ever seen, "so you do like him?!" She begins to shake me in excitement almost knocking my head piece over.

"Calm down," I laugh as she stops and begins fixing my head piece again. "I suppose you're right, I can't keep hiding my feelings from you can I?"

"I haven't known you all my life," she says, "but I know you well enough to know for sure what you like."

I raise my eyebrow, "oh really?" She nods. "At first I had a feeling you had a thing for Aonung," she pauses and I immediately grimace at her.

"Girl what?! Why the hell would you think that?" I say shook that it would ever cross her mind, although I do see why she would think that. Me and Aonung have an interesting relationship, but I don't think I would perceive it as that.

"Calm down, let me explain." She giggles, "he seems to listen to you a lot but also pick on you more than me, and yknow what they say about boys who pick on girls the most..." she begins to smirk, I shake my head hoping she wouldn't finish that sentence.

"But I've seen the way you look at Neteyam," she adds, my eyes widen. "It's different, the way you care about him too."

"yeah, I guess you're right." I sigh, even Tsireya knows it's the truth. "Why do you seem so sad about it?"

"It's complicated," I say, I didn't want to get too much into the subject or else I might start to cry. "Speaking of the sullys.. you and Lo'ak. What's up with that?"

The rest of the time Tsireya kept preparing me for the festival tonight while talking about her and Lo'ak. She seemed so happy, I could see that sparkle in her eyes too. I was happy for her, especially after being lonely all her life until we came along really helped her.