𝐢𝐢𝐢. Southern Nights.

𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖
[ Chapter Three | ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ]

"DO YOU THINK I'll be any good?" Kimberly asked Mindy, her voice filled with doubt

Although she had no desire to audition, it was understandable that she felt nervous. If someone were placed in her position, it would be expected that they would experience some sort of anxiety, just from the thought of having to do it.

For Kimberly, it was hard to handle something she had no desire to do.

"You'll be fine," Mindy reassured her. "You might not be the best, but that doesn't mean you won't do well."

Kimberly chuckled softly, a mix of nerves and resignation. "I guess we'll see," she replied with a sigh. She glanced at the door leading to the audition room, her uncertainty still evident in her expression.

Deep down, she hoped Mindy was right and that she could at least give it her best shot.

▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎

AS THE MINUTES ticked by, Kimberly's number was finally called. She took a deep breath, summoning whatever courage she could find, and stepped forward.

With each passing step, her anxiety pulsed through her veins, but she reminded herself of Mindy's words—this wasn't about becoming a superstar, but about challenging herself and embracing the experience.

Even if she didn't want to.

Kimberly took a deep breath and pushed open the door to the audition room. Her eyes fell upon two figures sitting behind a table—a man with a stern expression, Gustavo Rocque, and Kelly, Gustavo's assistant.

Gustavo looked up from the table and fixed his gaze on Kimberly. His voice carried a no-nonsense tone as he addressed her, "Show us what you've got. Make it quick."

Kimberly felt a surge of nerves but tried to steady herself. She nodded and positioned herself in front of the judges, her heart pounding in her chest.

Feeling unprepared, she was faced with the daunting task of selecting a song to sing. Some songs raced through her head, but none seemed to stand out.

In a moment of spontaneity, she decided to trust her instincts. The melody of "Southern Nights" by Glen Campbell lingered in her thoughts, and without second-guessing herself, she made the bold choice to perform that very song.

"I'm going to sing... a song." Kimberly nervously blurted out.

Gustavo and Kelly's eyes fixated on her, their anticipation palpable as they awaited her performance. No words were spoken, but the silence spoke volumes.

"Southern Nights? By Glen Campbell?"

Gustavo kept his harsh expression on Kimberly. Kelly, on the other hand, smiled warmly and nodded, signaling to Kimberly to begin.