𝐢𝐯. Unexpected Proposal.

𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖
[ Chapter Four | ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ]

the next morning

the next morning...

AS THE MORNING sunlight gradually crept through the curtains, a new day emerged in Kimberly's bedroom. She woke up with a gentle yawn, her mind still wandering about the events from the day before.

The surprising audition, the chats with Kendall, and the clash with Gustavo.

Kimberly wondered if she had done the right thing by speaking her mind. It was unlike her to challenge someone as influential as Gustavo Rocque.

The more she thought about it, the more she realized that staying true to herself was more important than pleasing others.

▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎

AFTER GETTING DRESSED, Kimberly headed downstairs to join her father, Benjamin, for breakfast. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, welcoming her to the start of her day!

"Morning, Kimberly," her father greeted her and gave her a warm smile. "Did you sleep well?"

"Morning, Dad," Kimberly replied, a hint of nervousness shimmering in her eyes. "I slept okay, I guess."

"Just okay?" he inquired.

"Yeah," she yawned. "I'm just stressed about the pep rally stuff I gotta do today."

"Oh, that's right," Benjamin recalled, nodding. "Are you excited about it?"

"Yeah. It's gonna be similar to what I did last year, so there shouldn't be too much stress this time."

Benjamin folded his arms, with a confused look on his face. "Hmm."

Kimberly scrunched her eyebrows. "What?"

"You said this pep rally wouldn't stress you out, but you seem stressed about it." 

"Okay?" Kimberly retorted. "I'm not that stressed, but I'm worried that my classmates won't help me make it look good."

Benjamin observed her as she drank her coffee. "Don't lie to me."

"I'm not lying!"

"Yes, you are, and I'm not going to argue with you about it," he declared. "Tell me what's wrong. Let me see if I can make it better."

Just as Kimberly was about to respond, the doorbell rang, interrupting their conversation. 

"I'll get it," he announced, excusing himself from the table.

Kimberly let out a sigh of relief, grateful for the temporary distraction that would allow her to gather her thoughts. She took another sip of coffee, her mind racing with ideas on how to approach the topic of her audition.