𝐯. See You Soon.

𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖
[ Chapter Five | ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ]

KIMBERLY'S STRESS LEVEL skyrocketed that afternoon, reaching an overwhelming 12 on a scale of 1 to 10

KIMBERLY'S STRESS LEVEL skyrocketed that afternoon, reaching an overwhelming 12 on a scale of 1 to 10. Her mind constantly raced with thoughts on how Mindy would react to the news she was about to share.

But despite all this, Kimberly knew it was necessary to have this conversation.

It felt like the right thing to do.

▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎

LETTING OUT A deep sigh, Kimberly approached Mindy, who patiently waited outside for her in the schoolyard. Their plan was to have dinner at Byers right after school, and then head to Kimberly's house for a movie.

"Hi Mindy." she greeted. 

"Hey Kimmy. Ready to go?" Mindy asked.

"Yeah," Kimberly replied. "But there's something I need to tell you."

Mindy scrunched her eyebrows with confusion. "Okay, what is it?"

Kimberly struggled to find the right words. "I- I think it's better if I tell you when we get to Byers," she finally managed to say.

Mindy's confusion deepened, but she respected Kimberly's request. "Okay, let's go then."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

-'๑'-

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

ARRIVING AT BYERS, the girls found a booth to settled in.

"So, what's going on?" Mindy demanded, unable to contain her curiosity any longer.

Kimberly hesitated for a moment, then found the courage to say it. "Gustavo came to my house and offered me a record deal."

Mindy's eyes widened in surprise. "A record deal?" She tried to process the words that just left Kimberly's lips.

"A record deal? But... why? You're not even interested in music!"

"I know, Mindy." Kimberly nodded. "That's what makes this whole situation so fucking confusing. I never expected this t-to happen."

"It just doesn't make any sense." Mindy started to feel disappointed. "W-what did you say? Did you take it?"

"Obviously not." Kimberly sighed. "I couldn't bear the thought of taking that away from you."

Mindy's disappointment turned into a mix of relief and confusion. "I appreciate that, Kim. But, I'm still confused. Why would Gustavo offer you a record deal? No offense, but what does he see in you?"