𝐱𝐢𝐢. 12 days.

𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖
[ Chapter Twelve | ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ]

The next day

The next day...

AFTER WHAT OCCURRED at lunch yesterday, Kimberly made the decision to isolate herself in her room. She had no interest in dealing with the boys, and just wanted some time alone to reflect on the next couple of days.

The next twelve days, to be more specific.

Time was ticking at the palm woods, as she and Mindy had to create 4 demo songs to present to the owner of Rocque Records, Arthur Griffin. It was going to be a challenge, moreso for her than Mindy, but she was willing to put in the effort for her friend.

With a sigh, she remove the sheets off of her and headed to the bathroom to freshen up. 

After she freshened up, she went in the living room to grab herself some snacks.

▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎▄︎

IN THE LIVING room, Kimberly found herself momentarily distracted by the laughter of Mindy, James and Carlos. They were discussing some new dance moves they had been practicing. 

Despite her desire to remain isolated, Kimberly couldn't help but feel a pang of longing for the camaraderie she was missing out on.

"Hi," she announced. 

"Hi Kim!" Mindy greeted with enthusiasm. 

James, sensing the tension, cleared his throat awkwardly. "Hey, Kim," he said, his tone more subdued than usual. "Uh, listen, about yesterday..."

Kimberly's heart skipped a beat as she braced herself for what was to come. She had been dreading this moment, knowing that an apology was inevitable after the events of lunch.

"I just wanted to say sorry," James continued, his expression sincere. "For the things Carlos and I said."

"We didn't mean to upset you or your dad." Carlos admitted. "It was out of line, and we should have been more considerate."

Kimberly felt a wave of relief wash over her as she listened to James and Carlos' apology. Despite her anger and frustration, she knew that holding onto grudges would only weigh her down. And deep down, she knew that James and Carlos hadn't meant any harm with their remarks.

"It's okay," she replied, her voice softening. "I appreciate the apology."

James nodded, a grateful smile spreading across his face. "Thanks, Kim," he said, his tone sincere.

Just as the tension began to dissipate, a notification pinged on everyone's phones, drawing their attention. Kimberly glanced down at her phone to see an email from Gustavo, requesting their presence in the recording studio.