Chapter 1: Graduation and Food

The clock ticks as it reaches 2:59 p.m. Today is the last day of school, and everyone can't wait to go home and be free for the next two months. Well, everyone but the oldest Koopaling and heir to the Koopa throne Ludwig von Koopa. He wanted to stay at school. Summers are usually boring for him. Not because of the eventful stuff like babysitting his siblings occasionally and the tasks he has to do after school as preparations for being king himself, but because there's nothing he could study on. Sure the castle has a library and he could read books there, but it just wasn't the same. He needed that full six hour experience.

Ludwig is the valedictorian of his high school this year, and he's graduating this year. His father and six younger sibling will be there for sure, but he couldn't say for the youngest.

He sighed and wrote in his notebook. He had gotten some good sleep now that his insomnia had been cured. Ludwig had no more extra homework to make up for his tiredness, and his classmates started saying things like "Ludwig, you're so perky!" and his teachers said things like "Glad you're getting some much needed rest." Ludwig smiled at those thoughts. It seems like those sleeping pills he got did a good job. However by order of his father, Chef PP and Kamek; he still needs to take those pills. At least the bags in his eyes are gone.

Ludwig never had any caffeine ever since. What he now drinks is tea, and he describes it as soothing stuff.

The oldest koopaling jumped when the final bell rang. A few of his classmates took notice and laughed. One boy with glasses slapped him in the back. "Von, are you that jumpy?" he asked.

Ludwig crosses his arms and scoffs. "I'll have you know that I'm not that jumpy thank you very much." he said with sarcasm.

The kids continued laughing as they walked away; holding envelopes. Envelopes? Ludwig looked down at his desk, and saw that he too has an envelope. 'Oh, right. Report cards are today.' he thought unenthusiastically.

He took the envelope and exited the classroom. He opened his locker and emptied it; throwing whatever he thinks is junk away. All the while, he eyed the unopened report card on top of his backpack. Ludwig was nervous. On his 11th grade report card his grades had dropped, and that lead him to stupidly stay up all night for almost all of this year to get his grades back up. He imagined that his grades would drop to Cs because of his insomnia even though he has the highest grades out of everyone. The school can make changes like that.

Ludwig slapped himself, then shook his head. 'Maybe I'm giving myself hate again.' he thought with a sigh. 'Maybe the report card won't be as bad as I think it is.'

When Ludwig finished cleaning out his locker, he took his lock and put it inside his backpack. He slung it over his shoulders, picked up his report card, and then left the building with the others. He then boarded his public bus back to the castle.

Ludwig was almost at the gate, but stopped and looked at his report card again. He let out a small smile at it. He felt a slither of hope rise within him. Looking back up, he finally entered the castle.

Ludwig didn't stop by the kitchen for a snack as usual; even though Bowser and Chef PP were insistent on that. He stopped by his room first and took off his backpack. He closed his eyes and looked away as he opened his envelope. He pulled the paper out.

"Please, please let this be true." the royal blue prince whispered to himself.

He looked at the paper and opened his eyes, which widened when he saw his marks; ones that made him faint out of excitement. Ludwig's report card has all A+s on ALL of his subjects.

"...A...RY!"

Ludwig's eyes snapped open with a gasp. He jolted up from the floor and picked up his report card. He squealed of joy to realize he has every single A+ on all of his subjects. He stands back up and opens his door. He could even tell him about his graduation. However, he heard yelling from Bowser.