Chapter 6: The Peak of Enlightenment

Ludwig opened his eyes slowly. He sat up, yawned and stretched. Surprisingly, he didn't cough anymore. He took the blanket off of him and got up from his bed. He doesn't feel all that sick and tired anymore. The eldest koopaling quickly walked over to his bathroom, opened his cabinet and took out his thermometer. He set it up and took his temperature. He read the numbers and cheered silently.

The thermometer read 95.7. Ludwig had recovered from his flu. Just goes to show that rest is the best medicine.

Ludwig put the thermometer away and decided to take a shower. He still has some leftover red hair dye to wash away. Plus he felt like he hadn't had a shower in quite a while.

The shower took about 30 minutes. When he turned off the shower head, Ludwig took a towel from his towel rack before opening up his shower curtain and stepped out (no nudity here you pervs😖). Ludwig's hair is down again, but there is no more red hair this time. All the red dye Ludwig had is completely washed away.

The eldest koopaling took out his brush, comb and hair gel and fixed his hair to how he prefers it. That part took 25 minutes to do. He really needed to make sure his hair looks perfect. Ludwig left his bathroom and changed into his summer clothes. He looked at his clock. He hadn't realized that school starts in 15 minutes. Now that Ludwig is well; he can try sneaking out again.

He grabbed his backpack and searched for his calculus book and school supplies, but couldn't find them. Then he vaguely remembered that he put them inside Junior's backpack. Ludwig swore in German. He probably lost everything.

Ludwig, frustrated and upset, stomped out of his room and walked to the kitchen. The frustration was soon turned to curiosity when he shouted "Keep writing!"

Ludwig peeked out of the corner to see what the commotion was about. He saw Junior writing something on a piece of paper and saying "I am a cheater" multiple times while Bowser is encouraging him.

'So, Junior is being punished for something that happened at school.' Ludwig thought. 'It could be about that exam from yesterday?'

Ludwig's thoughts were interrupted when Junior stopped writing and put the pencil he was holding down. "Dad, can I please stop writing?" Junior whined. "My hand hurts."

"No you can't stop writing!" Bowser answered. "I don't care about your hand hurting. You're gonna write it a hundred thousand more times."

"But dad," Junior complained. "I already wrote it a hundred thousand times. Can I please stop?"

"Well; me and your principal agreed that this is a good punishment," Bowser said. "So you're gonna write it a hundred thousand MORE TIMES!" The koopa king then looks at the pieces of paper written. "So, you're gonna have what? What is that? Two hundred thousand times?"

"Yeah." Junior whimpered.

"Yeah yeah. That's good." Bowser confirmed.

"But dad, school starts in 10 minutes." Junior whined. "I gotta go to school."

Bowser looked at the stove clock and realized that Junior is right. "Well, I guess you can take a break because of school." Bowser decided. Junior giggled to himself. "Chef PP's in the car. Hurry up and get out of here."

"But-But before I go," Junior stuttered, pointing at a plate full of bacon. "c-can I please get a piece of bacon?"

Bowser looked from Junior to the bacon. "O-O-Oh, oh. You want some bacon?" he asked with fake sweetness as he picked up a piece of bacon.

"Y-Yeah I do." Junior answered, moving closer to get a bite.

While Bowser was "tempting" Junior with a bacon, Ludwig's stomach growled. He even got a craving for that bacon on the plate. Ludwig put a hand on his stomach and glared at it; as if he was trying to keep his stomach quiet while he kept on watching.