Chapter 2: The Indoor Water Park

Ludwig, Junior and Chef PP had made it home later on that day. Ludwig was the first to enter the castle. He stomped angrily inside and threw his backpack away harshly. He stomped up the stairs to Bowser's room. They were going to have a long talk.

Meanwhile Bowser was having a nap; seeing that another episode of Charleyyy and Friends will be coming on this evening. He was suddenly jolted away when Ludwig kicked open the door angrily.

"Whuh? Ludwig?" Bowser asked groggily.

Ludwig sat on the bed next to his father.

"I'm so mad and upset!" Ludwig exclaimed angrily. "I didn't get to go to Summer School at all today!"

"Oh Lud, again I'm so sorry this happened to you." Bowser apologized again. "I can talk to Chef PP about it. And hey, you're not as angry as before. Surely that McDonald's cheered you up at least a bit."

Ludwig's frown lessened. "Yeah, it did I suppose." he said.

Bowser put a hand on his eldest son's shoulder. "Don't worry Luds. Tomorrow should be a better day." he reassured.

"It better be." Ludwig muttered, then stood up. "I'm going to take a nap myself." He left the room.

"Alright, sleep well Lud!" Bowser called after him. When Ludwig returned to his room, Bowser took out his phone again. He has other plans in mind for Ludwig again.

The next day Bowser was cheering. His TV is already on.

"WHOOO! Only 10 more minutes until Charleyyy and Friends come on! Oh, I've been waiting! I've been waiting!" Bowser cheered. His cheers stopped as he realized something; something important. "Wait, what time is it?"

He looks at the alarm clock on his nightstand. His eyes widened when he saw it was 6:00 a.m. He wouldn't be too worried about Ludwig since he can wake up on his own; it's Junior for not having an alarm.

"Dang it; it's 6 a.m.! Gotta wake up Junior so he can go to that stupid summer school thing." Bowser growled and got out of bed. "JUNIOR! Get your failure butt up!"

Ludwig's alarm rang again. The eldest koopaling turned it off and quickly got himself ready for the day.

'Second day of Summer School.' Ludwig thought. 'Let's not mess this up.'

He packed his backpack quickly and ran downstairs. He arrived at the kitchen and put his backpack on the floor. "Ready!"

"Are you actually ready to go?" Chef PP asked from the couch.

Ludwig raised an eyebrow. "What is that supposed to mean?" he asked.

"Because Junior told me the class has a field trip today to an indoor pool." Chef PP explained. "You won't be needing your notebooks or binders or anything like that. Just your packed lunch and your swim gear."

Ludwig groaned in annoyance, grabbed his backpack and returned to his room. He passed Junior holding a green calculus textbook, but they didn't acknowledge each other. The eldest koopaling stopped and looked back.

'If only I was holding a textbook like this one.' Ludwig thought. He continued walking back to his room.

Back inside the bedroom, Ludwig took out his "school supplies" and opened his dresser. He took out plain blue swim shorts and a light blue tank top he uses for swimming. He then went to his bathroom connected to his bedroom and took a towel out of the rack and put it inside his backpack. He zipped up the backpack once he finished packing and quickly ran back downstairs; just in time to see Chef PP making french fries?

'French fries for breakfast?' Ludwig thought. 'This never happens at all. Granola bar it is again.'

Ludwig walked toward the cabinet and took out yet another granola bar. "I-I'm ready!" Ludwig announced. He slapped himself in the face for his stutter.