Chapter 8: Alright, I'll Actually Relax

After dropping off Cody at his house, Ludwig and Junior made it back to the castle. The eldest koopaling parked his Koopa Clown Car and the two brothers jumped out and ran towards the castle in excitement.

"Oh my god! I can't believe we passed Summer School!" Junior exclaimed.

"I know." Ludwig puffed. "Just wait until Father hears about this one. He'll be surprised and shocked when he finds out."

Junior then stops running and turns to Ludwig; making the eldest koopaling stop running as well. "What do you mean by 'shocked'?" Junior asked.

Ludwig nervously fiddled with his fingers. "I...may or may not have sneaked out of the house to get to Summer School with you." he admitted. "But they tried to keep me away from Summer School."

Junior rolled his eyes. "Probably because you are the smartest older brother in the family next to Iggy." he reminded himself. "Well then let's go tell Dad." He runs off inside the castle again with Ludwig following along.

The two boys would have expected Bowser to be in his room watching "Charleyyy and Friends" as always, but when Junior opened the castle door; both brothers weren't expecting Bowser looking angry at them. That anger was directed at Ludwig. The king koopa had noticed that Ludwig was gone. Junior was relieved he had no belt with him.

"Ludwig von Koopa," the koopa king bellowed. "you've been gone almost all day. Explain yourself!"

"I wasn't gone for that long Father." Ludwig said calmly. "Summer School was only part time."

Bowser's anger turned to shock at what he just heard. "Summer School? You went to Summer School?" he asked. "Unbelievable Ludwig! You are the smartest son I know. You don't have to go."

"I like to learn." Ludwig pointed out.

"That doesn't matter!" Bowser shouted. "What matters is that you've been gone for a long time. What if you got hurt?"

"Father..." Ludwig tried to interrupt.

"What if you got mugged in some alleyway on the way?"

"Dad..." Junior tried to interrupt as well.

"Oh the horror. Oh the fear. You should have just stayed home Ludwig. It's that simple!"

"Father-"

"I had a whole day planned where you and Wendy go see a movie and now IT'S RUINED!"

"Father!"

"Dad!"

Bowser stopped his dramatic fit. "What?"

"Dad, we finished our last day of school and believe it or not; we both passed!" Junior exclaimed.

Bowser looked at both his sons in surprise. "Wait, what? What?" he asked.

"Yeah, we passed! We passed!" Junior said excitedly.

"Wow! That's surprising." Bowser said; processing everything. "You must be lying." He turned to Ludwig. "Ludwig, you went to the same class right? Tell me he's lying and I won't punish you too hard."

Ludwig shook his head. "He isn't lying Father." Ludwig explained. "There are actually two requirements for the class to pass. They are either pass the final exam or you kill the fly. Do any of those, and you get an A. Junior chose to kill the fly, so he passed. I took to the exam, and it was no surprise that I passed. So it looks like Junior isn't a failure anymore. And if that's not enough, I should have more than enough credit to go to college."

Bowser's eyes start to water. "Wow...boys, give me a hug!" he exclaimed and pulled Junior and Ludwig in a hug.

"Dad! You finally love me." Junior teared up.