Chapter 4: Switched Identity

It had been three weeks since going to the trampoline park with Roy and Morton. Junior's Summer School has been going by fast. The weather had not even rained since that day. With every chance he gets, Ludwig would try to sneak out to get to school by himself.

However; Bowser, Chef PP, or Kamek would always catch him.

Bowser didn't ground him though, but he did force Ludwig to get into activities with either his siblings or have Chef PP or Kamek take him to places he can go by himself to have "fun". Heck; even Kamek would put relaxation spells on Ludwig (whenever he isn't aware of that) to put him at ease whenever he gets the chance, but even then the eldest koopaling is still worked up. It seemed all Ludwig wanted to do was go to that Summer School.

Then; he finally found a solution.

One day he had woken up really early to use the bathroom, and he found out the time is 4:21 a.m. After he finished the bathroom he peeked his door open to find out that everyone is still asleep. No TV noises and laughter from Bowser's room, but he hears the muffled snores from the bedroom doors of not only his room and his siblings' rooms; indicating that they are still asleep.

A lightbulb came to Ludwig's head.

Later on that day after breakfast at 9:30 a.m., he had come up with this plan: he would wake up at 4:00 a.m. the next morning and ready himself quickly but quietly. Then at 4:50 he would get out of the castle and take a bus to the Summer School. Perfect! However, he would need to go out and get supplies.

If Ludwig can't go to Summer School as himself, he would have to go to Summer School as Junior.

Ludwig looked up the bus route on his laptop from the castle to Summer School. It was actually a one bus trip and a 15 minute walk. He looked up the school via Google Street View, and it turns out Chef PP the whole time parked at the back of the school. That's a very weird thing to do. The chef definitely needs to do more research in terms of where to park.

He even went to Koopa Mall by himself and bought himself clothes that he thinks are appropriate for Junior to wear at Ludwig's size, a spiked hairband, and red dye for his hair.

During this time, Ludwig had begun having a coughing fit; and then his throat became strangely sore. He tried fixing it with water and other fluids, but the sore throat stayed. The eldest koopaling thought of it as a 24 hour thing and it'll pass if he just ignored it the whole day.

However, whenever he had encounters with Chef PP, Kamek, his siblings (except Junior) or Bowser; they would all say in concern that he is starting to sound like he's sick and that he should return to his room to get some rest. Ludwig assured them that he is fine and he walked away from them moving on throughout the day.

As the day progressed, the signs of sickness were coming to Ludwig. He couldn't talk, his sore throat never left, his coughing fits are more frequent, sometimes he would sneeze, and he felt like passing out at some point on the floor.

After dinner at 10:20 when everyone had fallen asleep, Ludwig stayed up a bit longer to prepare himself despite his sick body telling him to sleep. He sneaked into Junior's room quietly and took away Junior's backpack, mask to keep others from getting sick, and his phone as well as its charger. He may be dumb, but he won't be that dumb to realize his phone is missing. It's not like he'd stick around to find out. It was really hard to be quiet considering he had to hold down his coughing and sneezing. When he finished that task, he sneaked down to the kitchen to grab medication he could use to suppress his cold. The only thing he could salvage is a NyQuil bottle that is half full. Better than nothing. The next part is a long one; he had washed his hair down using the sink in his bathroom. He waited a moment for his hair to dry. When it's dried; instead of fixing it up again, Ludwig dyed his hair from navy blue to red very similar to Junior's. He put his new red hair up in a ponytail. After that, Ludwig finally decided enough is enough and turned in for the night.