Chapter 7: Last Chance

He was about ten chapters into his novel when Ludwig felt thirsty. He put his book down and exit his bedroom. He was walking down the stairs when he heard the sound of a child having fun. When Ludwig reached the end of the stairs to the first floor, he peeked into the living room and saw Junior playing with his toys.

'He must've gotten home from school.' Ludwig thought bitterly. 'Good for him.'

Ludwig angrily walked away from the living room to the kitchen to make himself tea. He wanted to give Chef PP a break after all.

While Ludwig was making his tea, he heard Junior talking loudly while playing with his toys.

"Mary enjoys living, but did she look both ways before crossing the street?" he heard Junior ask himself. "VROOM! Hit and run!" The youngest koopaling then started laughing like a maniac. It was starting to make Ludwig uncomfortable.

Ludwig was sure he HAD seen it earlier (and he hoped his memory wasn't deceiving him). He was sure he had seen Junior sneaking out a butcher knife. That thought made Ludwig a little sick. 'How had Junior not been sent to a nut house or something?' Ludwig thought. He swallowed a lump he developed down his throat and got back to making his tea.

"JUNIOR!" he heard Bowser shout.

"What dad?" Junior asked in a possibly annoyed tone; which could have a bit of fear in it.

While the water is boiling, Ludwig decided to listen to the conversation.

"How's your Summer School going?" Bowser asked.

Ludwig's eyes widened a little. 'That's a surprising tone I heard from Father when it comes to Junior.' he thought.

"Oh it's uhhh..." Junior paused before continuing. "it's going pretty good I guess."

"And tomorrow's your last day right?" Bowser asked.

"Uhh, yeah yeah it's my last day." Junior answered.

That made Ludwig choke on his saliva before coughing and he can breathe again. 'Tomorrow is the last day?!' Ludwig thought worriedly.

"Anything important going on?" Bowser asked.

'There's going to be a catch to this.' Ludwig thought. 'No way would Junior be free playing with toys before the last day arrives.'

"Well umm," Junior answered meekly. "we have a final exam that if we don't get an A on we'll fail."

'And there's the catch.' Ludwig thought unsurprised. 'He's not studying.' The eldest looked back at his tea, and turned off the kettle. 'I'll settle for water instead. I got studying to do.'

Ludwig took out a cup, turned on the sink faucet and got himself a cold glass of water. He then quickly and carefully returned to his room. He took out a stack of papers and pen. Ludwig recalled that he had gotten a calculus book before it disappeared. Might as well get started.

Ludwig thought up some random calculus problems; which wasn't too too hard. Mainly just some problems he could think of. He had done some calculus in his Kooky years, and that's pretty abnormal.

Then again; Ludwig's IQ is 300, so he is a very abnormal koopaling.

While studying, Ludwig thought of a brand new plan. He could use his car to drive to school. Only thing is that Chef PP gets up early to start his shift. He'll have to come up with a good lie. Ludwig then thought of the errands Chef PP does from time to time. Maybe he can lie about some "errands" for tomorrow.

Ludwig had been making up his game plan and calculus problems and answering them until 2 in the morning. He had fallen asleep on his desk at that point.