5.

Caden POV

I know I told my brother I was with him through whatever but damn how could i? I didn't know anything. Kind of hurt me to see my brother break down like that. He's the hard one. He never cried growing up. So to see him like that was just like wow. It hurt me too to know that something like that happened to my mom. But there's nothing we can do about.

We've been in New Orleans for two days now. Chase isn't talking to anyone but my mom and dad.
"No ma!?" I heard him yell from the inside of the hotel suite.
"Son she needs some closure." My dad says.
"Then im going."
"No you're not. You going with me and your sisters to Bourbon Street." My dad says.
"What's going on?" I ask.
"I'm going to your grandads to talk with my mom." My mom says and I can see Chase clench his jaw.

"I'll get with you." I said. They all looked at me. But we agreed. After getting ready me and my mom headed to my grandads. Her mom opened the door and let us in.
"Where is everybody?"My mom asked.
"They left. Wanted to give us some time alone." She said and let us to the kitchen where she had a cup of coffee sitting on the table.

"Coffee?" She offered.
"No thank you." I said my mom just shook her head know.
"Look let's get to so I can get back to my family." My mom says.
"You have a beautiful family. Even Chase. He stands up for what he believes."
"You're beating around the bush."
"I'm sorry Keandra. I know I did some horrible things in the past. Things that I can not fix now. But I just wish you would give me another chance to show you how sorry I am."

"Trust isn't giving its earned." My mom says.
"I know:"
"Even though you hurt me. I still love you."
"I love you too Naunie." They shared a hug. Then talked about some more things.
We got ready to leave.
"I hope to get another chance with Chase too." She says.
"That one I wouldn't wait on me." My mom says. As we leave out. If you ask me id say it went pretty well.

We met up with dad and the rest of them down at Bourbon street. It was live as fuck. Chase looked happy. I danced with someone to the music that filled the streets.
We spent rest of the day down here.

Chase POV

I was glad my dad brought me down here. It got my mind off of things. My mom.. Her mom. But one thing it couldn't get my mind off of was ... Zyaire.

Braylon POV

Me and Naunie laid in the hotel bed in the darkness.
"How'd everything go?" I asked her.
"Good. I forgive her. But it'll take some time for me to trust her again."
"I know."
"But as far as Chase I doubt he'll ever like her."
"He might."
"Baby I love you. You're a great father."
"I know."I say kissing her lips before rolling over to go to sleep.

Naunie POV

When I woke up, I was laying in the bed next to Bre. Wonder when she got here.
"Good morning ma." The twins says coming from the back room fully dressed.
"Morning. Where yall going?" I asked.
"Dad, Uncle Quay, Uncle Jayden and Grandad got some stuff to show us." Chase says smiling. I felt my heart flutter as i sat up.
"Braylon Amari Henderson!"I yelled and he came from the bathroom. I pushed him back in and closed the door behind me.
"You are not going to expose my sons to that shit." I exclaimed in a low but stern voice.
"You mean... Our sons? You trying to shelter them is only going to make this bad. They are going to find out one day that big house they live in was built off dirty money. Drug money."
He says.
"It doesn't matter. Tell them like you just told me. Don't take them to no traps."

"No Keandra. I'm showing them so they know that it's no life to live."
"Do you not know who Chase is? He will love that." I say feeling sick at the thought of my son getting taken away from me by these streets.
"No he won't. I love you. And we're leaving." He says trying to kiss me but I turn my face. He leaves out the bathroom and after collecting myself I do the same.
The boys and their dad were just walking out the room.
"Ma are you okay?" Keri ask.
"I'm fine. You and your sister get dressed. We're going out too."

After finally leaving we meet Camille, Tati, and Meisha, Micah, Tanya, and my mom for lunch.
The kids Micah, Keri, Breane, Queen, and Cali, Camilles daughter, all sit at one table. While the we sit at another.
"Keri is so beautiful." Tati says.
"Thank you. This is your first time meeting her huh?" I ask. After the wedding Tati dipped out. Her and Jayden's break up was hard on her.
"Yeah." She says holding her head down.
"It's okay. Most of these ladies haven't seen her since she was little anyways."
"It's nobody's fault you moved way to California. We all stay here." Camille explains.
"I guess."
"Have you ever considered moving the kids here?" Meisha ask taking a sip from her drink.
"Yeah, moving my grandkids a little closer."Mama Tanya adds.
"I've considered it. But if I did I wont be until after Keri graduates. Bray is already exposing the boys to that shit."I say rolling my eyes at the thought.
"Just now? I thought he would have been did that." Camille says.
"No. I don't want that for them." I say.
"I understand. I didn't want it for Cam either but he does it anyways." She says.
"That's not a life to live. It's horrible and dangerous." My mom says.
"I agree, but what can you do about it when it branches from both sides of your family."Mama Tanya adds. Their all right. I just don't like the idea.

Braylon POV

"I don't see the big deal." Quay says as we walk in the trap.
"Me either."Jaquan adds as he pushes Cameron ahead of him.
"Bray since you used to run all this won't you give the tour." Lewis says. I do. Caden liked it but knew itd fuck with his basketball career. Chase on the other hand loved it. Picking up shit left and right.
He picked up some weed.
"Put that down." I demanded.
We walked a little. And he picked up a stack of money.
"Put that down!"I scolded.
We walked some more until we got to the gun room. He picked up two.
"Put them down!"I yelled. "Stop touching shit son." I say.

After giving the tour we sat in my old office and passed a joint around. My sons took hits too. I don't really care. They gone do it anyhow, why not do it while I'm around so I can make sure they don't get out of hand. Naunie would kill me if she knew.
"Pops I like this shit though." Chase says.
"I know. You're my son."
"Let me get in it."
The room fell quiet.
"No. Your moms ain't having none of that."I explained taking a hit from the blunt.
"Ma don't gotta know."
"I said no." I said again.

We spent the rest of the day here then headed back to the mansion. Music was spilling out the door. When we walked in the girls were dancing in the living room. Even my baby girls. Nothing inappropriate though so I didn't go off. I walked behind my wife as she twist her hips against me. Once she felt me she jumped up.
"What's the matter?" I asked as she pulled away. She said nothing. She just attempted to walk away again but I stopped her.
"Babe, don't act like this." I said into her ear.
"Act like you're ruining our children. Sure I'll stop right now."She said sarcastically before storming into the kitchen.
I followed her and we stood in the kitchen.
"He is already aware that it's not going down. What you tripping on?"
"I'm tripping because I care about my children's safety."
"This conversation is over. It's pointless and stupid stay mad all you want." I said going back into the living.

Trouble in paradise?😈
Old characters POV next👉🏽