Chapter Four

Surprisingly, I didn't have to talk to Harry the next day or even the rest of the week. I didn't see him at all and he wasn't there in my chemistry class. I was relieved that none of his friends talked to me, and I was glad that Harry was gone for a short while so I could contemplate on what I was going to do when he got back.

It all ended too soon though.

I was outside with Louis during our lunch break because we had finished early. I had just bit into the apple that I had snagged on the way out of the lunchroom when I heard a deep voice calling my name. Louis and I both turned to see Harry making his way up to us with his friends staring from across the yard.

"Hey Harry, where are you going bro?" Zayn yelled at him.

He ignored his friend and continued to make his way over to us. Soon enough, he stood in front of me smirking.

"Hello, little leprechaun." He said.

"Um, hi?" I asked. Louis gave me a 'you're stupid' look but I ignored it. "Aren't you supposed to be over there? You know, hanging out with your friends?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "They'll survive without me. I want to spend time with you."

I suddenly thought that my shoes looked quite interesting and I stared down at them, taking note that they had a few flecks of mud on them here and there.

"Well... this is officially awkward. Niall and I should be going now." I felt Louis grab my arm and I let him drag me away from Harry, leaving him standing there alone. I avoided the stares that we were getting from other people as Louis dragged me inside the school building and into an empty classroom.

"Niall! Do you realize what Harry is doing?!" Louis said to me after he shut the door, his arms on my shoulders.

"No..." I mumbled, looking away.

Whatever. You know exactly what he's doing. My mind told me.

"He wants you. And I think he'll do whatever it takes to get you." Louis said.

"I know this!" I said, flinging my hands up in frustration. "He already has my address and my phone number. Who knows what else he's going to do! Next thing I know, he'll be at my house talking to my mom and I'll be forced to invite him to dinner."

"Better be careful or you'll jinx yourself," Louis teased.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever. Can we get out of here now?" I asked. I glanced at the clock and realized that our next class started in fifteen minutes. "I'll probably just go to class early anyways. I don't want to go back outside..." Louis nodded in understanding and he turned to the door, opening it and looking outside. I saw a smirk on his face when he glanced at me.

"What is it?" I asked, confused.

He shook his head, "It's nothing. I'll see ya after school." Louis shot me a grin before leaving me alone in the room.

I made my way out and walked down the hall to my locker, putting in the combination. 23...26...77  I said the combination in my head, making sure to twist the lock correctly. I pulled my locker door open and grabbed my chemistry textbook and a notebook. After checking to make sure that I had everything, I shut the locker and continued to make my way to class.

"Hello, Mr. Horan. Do you have any questions over something?" Mrs. Gann asked from her desk when I walked into the classroom carrying my books.

I shook my head, "No ma'am. I was just coming in early because I didn't feel like staying outside."

She nodded. "Alright. Since you don't need any help, I need to go make some copies of some worksheets that we'll be working on next hour."