Chapter Seventeen

"What the hell are you talking about? Your mom doesn't even know Niall!" Louis exclaimed. His face was turning red in anger and I had to put a hand on his shoulder, causing him to glance over at me. I mouthed 'calm down' and his eyes softened before he nodded his head.

"Look," Harry started, causing Louis to look back at him with a frown on his face. "I'd rather not talk to all of you about this. A relationship is between two people, not five."

"He's kind of right," I mumbled. Louis turned to gap at me before speaking again.

"Don't tell me you actually believe what he's telling you. That's the most idiotic excuse I have ever heard. His mom has never even met you, so there's no logical reason as to why she would dislike you."

"But there is a reason, and if you'd just let me talk to Niall alone he can tell you whatever he wants later." Harry said, giving a Louis a 'just shut up' look.

"Why can't you just tell all of us right-" Louis started.

"Louis," I warned. "You know I'll tell you later so there's no need to get anyone else involved in this."

I glanced over at Harry and he nodded his head in thanks. Louis huffed in frustration and threw his hands up in the air.

"I just don't understand how his mother doesn't like you." He said, shaking his head.

"I don't get it either, Lou, but Harry's going to explain it to me if you'd let him speak." I replied.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll see you later then. You better tell me everything, alright?" He asked.

"Yes, Louis. Stop acting like a girl who's obsessed with helping her best friend and go to your class." I teased. He sent me a playful glare before turning to leave. Both Liam and Zayn left a few seconds after Louis, leaving me and Harry alone.

He flashed me a small smile and I looked at him expectantly.

"Well, are you going to tell me why your mum doesn't like me?" I asked.

His smile faded and he sighed. He didn't speak for a moment and I watched as he pulled out his phone to check the time before he looked back at me.

"We only have five minutes before class starts, and I know you hate being late so I'll have to tell you later. Can I walk you to class?" He asked. His eyes pleaded with me to say yes, so I nodded my head and gave him a small smile.

"Sure."

He grinned at me and I stepped out of the way so he could get what he needed out of his locker. He stuff the textbook in his backpack so he wouldn't have to hold it, and he then slung his arm over my shoulder. While we walked down the hall, I noticed some of the students watching us curiously but Harry didn't seem to mind at all. I looked down at my shoes as we walked but then Harry spoke, making me bring my head up to look at him.

"I really do like what you've done with your hair. It makes you look quite attractive."

I felt my face flush and I saw him smiling at me. "Oh. T-thanks." I stuttered, feeling a smile of my own stretching its way across my face.

It didn't take long to get to my classroom, and when we both came to a stop near the door I looked down at my hands that were fidgeting. I could feel Harry's eyes on me but I may or may not have been too embarrassed to look up. It was only when he spoke that I looked up to meet his gaze.

"Hey," He started. "I'll see you later and I'll explain everything, alright?"

I nodded my head silently and was about to turn to go into my classroom when Harry stopped me. He caught hold of my hand and leaned forward to press a kiss to my forehead before smiling and walking off, leaving me in the hallway with my face as red as a firetruck.