Chapter Fourteen

You've got to be kidding me. Harry can't be staying over. Shouldn't he have other things to do?

"W-wait," I said. Harry and my mother both looked at me. "What about your parents, Harry?"

A strange looked crossed his face but it was quickly erased a moment later. "Right. I'll go call and ask them about it right now," he said as he stood up. He pulled his phone from his pocket and made his way out of the kitchen. I made a move to follow him but my mother put her hand on my shoulder, stopping me.

"Let him be. He'll be back in a moment." She said.

I simply shrugged my shoulders and went back over to my seat, plopping down and resting my chin in my hand as I waited for Harry to return. I could hear him murmuring into his phone in the living room, but I couldn't make out the words that he was saying.

It wasn't long before he came back into the kitchen. As he was walking towards the opening to the room I noticed a frown was on his face, but when he entered the room he replaced it with a smile.

"My parents are cool with it." He said happily, coming back to sit in his chair that he had occupied a few minutes earlier.

"Awesome," I replied. "Do you wanna finish this essay right now?" I asked. I pushed the nagging voice that was worrying about what I was going to do later that evening to the back of my head. I would have to worry about it later, but once certain question kept popping up in my mind.

What do you do when a guy who you like decides to stay the night at your house?  I mean, when Louis stayed over, he had no problem with sharing a bed with me. A lot of friends did that. He never used the guest room, and what if Harry didn't want to use it either? Would I have to share a bed with him too?

"Earth to Niall!"

Harry's voice pulled me from my thoughts and I shook my head slightly to clear it. I heard him chuckle lightly and I felt my cheeks heat up as I realized that he had probably been trying to get my attention for a while.

"Sorry, I kinda zoned out," I admitted.

"I figured that much. But anyways, can we go ahead and finish this essay? I want to hang out instead of doing this boring stuff." Harry replied. He tossed the pencil that I had been using onto my book and I picked it up, positioning it in my hand so I could write.

"Yeah, let's go ahead and finish it. We only need to write about two more paragraphs." I said as I looked at my biology book for more information on the adaptations of frogs. Harry did the same as me and soon enough we were both spouting off information once more, scribbling our words down onto the paper so we could finish.

As the time wore on, however, I began to drift off into my thoughts again and I had to force myself to work on the paper in front of me. I usually finished assignments like these with ease, but with Harry in front of me I couldn't concentrate like I usually could. As I looked at him discreetly, I noticed the way his eyebrows came together in concentration as he wrote, and his big hand gripped the thin pencil he held. I could tell that he was trying to write neat, but some of the letters came out sloppy but he continued going, just wanting to finish the paper. He nibbled on his bottom lip as he concentrated, and I could see the small hairs on his face that would form a mustache if he didn't shave.

"Hey, I think I found something else we could put down. You see, the frog's­­-" Harry glanced up from his paper and his gaze caught mine as he noticed me staring at him. He didn't hold my gaze for long though, and it was like he knew that it would make me nervous if we both stared at each other for more than a second or two. He flashed me a small smile and continued on where he left off, not saying anything about me staring a few moments before.