Chapter Eight

"Harry, I swear if you don't let me go I'll-"

"What? You can't hurt me, little leprechaun. And I bet you've never skipped a day of school in your life." Harry said. His grip still held my arm as he drug me through the parking lot to his car.

"Because I have a perfect attendance record that I've had for five years!"

I knew that Harry had rolled his eyes even though his back was to me. "No one cares about perfect attendance except you, and I'll admit that it's cute but you said you wanted to get to know me better-"

"I didn't say anything like that! I said I barely know you. That's a very different statement." I said.

We now stood in front of Harry's car, and suddenly I felt myself being lifted from the ground.

"What the hell?" I asked, struggling to get out of his grip. Harry just grunted and opened the door of the car, and I kept squirming as he tried putting me in the backseat.

"Stop squirming or I'm gonna-"

I felt my back hit the seats and I was practically sprawled across the backseat of Harry's car with weight on top of me.

Looking up, I was met with a pair of green eyes staring back down at me.

I squeaked when I saw his expression, and the strange feeling in my stomach came back full swing, nearly choking me. I felt the heat on my face as I flushed bright red, which caused Harry to laugh.

"As much as I like this position," he started, "We really need to get a move on before someone sees us out here."

He quickly leaned down and pressed his lips to my forehead, causing me to redden even more before he pushed up off of me. Before I even had a chance to sit up, he was quickly out of the car and back into the front seat, starting it up.

"I-isn't this kidnapping?" I asked.

"I guess you could consider it to be that, but you didn't exactly put up a giant fight. And plus, I know you want to see what I've thought of doing now." He replied. The car then turned, switching directions and I almost rolled off of the seats. I quickly scrambled up into a sitting position, looking out the window to see where we were going. I saw the school in the distance, and then Harry turned another corner, obscuring it from my view.

"You can sit in the front seat, I won't bite... hard." Harry told me, chuckling at the last part of his sentence.

"Are you sure you're not a vampire?" I asked seriously. I waited for him to answer, not wanting to be near him until he said something.

"I'm sure, leprechaun. Now come sit by me."

Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair before clambering into the front seat, nearly falling face first onto the gear when I squeezed between the seats. I crawled into the passenger seat and got situated before pulling my seatbelt across my torso and buckling it in.

"Why do you always call me that?" I asked Harry, referring to the nickname, leprechaun, which he had taken to calling me.

"Because you're short and Irish, plus you're like something you'd find standing near a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and I intend to reach the end of that rainbow to finally get you to be mine." He explained.

"That's a fancy way of insulting me," I mumbled, resting my head on the window. I stole glances at Harry as he drove, noticing how he chewed on his bottom lip when he turned and scrunched his eyebrows when we came to a stop sign, checking to see if other cars were coming.

Every once in a while he would lift his hand to his face, sweeping the curls out of his eyes. I noticed just then how big his hands were as they gripped the steering wheel.