Chapter Eighteen

This chapter is dedicated anonymouslystyles for the amazing banner she made. 

-

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Harry asked from his place in the driver's seat beside me.

We were currently in the parking lot, seeing as how school had just ended about five minutes earlier. I had to make a quick call to my mother to tell her that I'd be hanging out with Harry for a while, and I earned a "Behave, mind your manners, and no hanky-panky" along with a chuckle from her before I hung up. My cheeks had immediately flushed at her comment and when Harry asked what I was so embarrassed about I shook my head, causing him to pinch my cheek like a little kid.

I nodded my head, "Yeah. I want to get all of this straightened out, even if that means having to hold a conversation with someone who hates me." I replied.

"Alright. If at one point you want to go home, tell me and we can leave right away. I'm not sure how she's going to feel about you suddenly showing up without warning. She's convinced that we just screw around..." Harry sighed before putting the key in the engine and starting it up.

I pulled my seatbelt across my chest and buckled it in, and I noticed that Harry hadn't done the same. I quickly reached across and poked him in his side to get his attention before he could put the car in drive. He glanced over at me and I gestured towards my seat belt.

"Click it or get a ticket," I teased, causing him to roll his eyes playfully as he pulled his own seat belt on.

"Sorry, I'm just nervous I guess." He said as he put the car in drive and pulled out of the parking lot.

"Everything will be fine, I'm sure..." I said, looking out the window as we passed a group of students walking along the sidewalk.

I hope.

The drive to his house wasn't very long, and the radio was playing some song that I didn't know. I could hear Harry humming along quietly but other than that the ride was silent. We were both left to our own thoughts and it only took about ten minutes for us to arrive at his place.

 I watched as we pulled up in a driveway in front of a small house. There were was a small flower garden near the porch with the last remaining flowers that would soon be gone seeing as how it was nearing the first of September. Harry pulled to a stop and put the car in park before taking the key out of the ignition, leaving us in silence for a moment before he looked over to flash me a nervous smile.

"We're here."

I nodded my head, my surroundings looking faintly familiar as I had been here once before to drop Harry off in what seemed like forever ago. We both unbuckled our seatbelts and Harry got out of the car first and I followed him. He came over to the other side, taking my hand in his and causing my stomach to flutter and a smile to appear on my face as he led me towards the porch.

We approached the front door and Harry opened it, stepping inside first before glancing behind him to flash a welcoming smile. He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze when we were both inside and I had shut the door with my other hand before he called into the house.

"Mom, I'm home! I've got company."

There was some shuffling in a different room and I heard a woman's voice call back.

"I'm in the kitchen, is Zayn or Liam with you?" A middle aged woman stepped through the doorway, a smile forming on her face when she caught sight of her son. She glanced over at me, the smile still present but it faltered in confusion.

"And who is this?" She asked. I watched her gaze slide down to Harry's hand that was still holding mine, and her smile immediately disappeared.

"This is Niall," Harry said quietly, squeezing my hand lightly.