one

The club in Monaco was alive.

With it being the off season of Formula One with only a couple of weeks before testing, almost anyone who was anyone had fled to the driver capital to spend their last few days drinking away and basking in the Mediterranean weather.

That meant that the clubs and the bars at nighttime would overflow with people, most of which were probably planning on snatching future spouses, because if there's anywhere in the world to do that then Monaco is the place.

But I wasn't out for that.

My plan for the night was to get shit faced drunk with my best friend and probably regret it the next day.

But instead it was the start to a whole different story.

"Ellie, what do you want?" I stand on my tippy toes and shout over my shoulder from the bar to my best friend who was still stuck a few people behind me.

"Get me a double vodka coke!" She shouts back.

Turning towards the bartender who was stood smiling at the interaction, I place my usual confident smirk on my face and lean forward to speak next to his ear. "A double vodka coke and a tequila soda water and lime." Before pulling away slowly.

"Coming right up." He not so subtly looks me up and down before turning back to prepare the drinks.

"Since when did you flirt with bartenders?" A familiar Australian accent catches my ears. Turning to the left I'm met with the one and only Danny Ric who I hadn't seen in months, goofily smiling whilst leaning sideways against the bar.

"Since it always got me better service." I smile up at him proudly, crossing my arms.

"Nah that's bullshit." He waves an arm, dismissing me, before he stops midway as my drinks arrive.

Taking them from the cute bartender, I flash him a smile. "On the house." He winks with a charming smile. He was good looking but really not my type - too soft and sweet.

"Thank you." I act shocked by placing a hand over my heart, sending Danny a quick wink as I do as he's standing there with his mouth still dropped down. "Danny darling, close your mouth or else you'll need a face lift sooner than expected."

Closing his mouth promptly he then takes a chance by fluttering his eyes dramatically towards the bartender who was still watching the interaction between the pair. "What about me you handsome devil?" He jokes.

"I'll take the compliment but not a chance." The bartender laughs, putting his drink forward and holding out the card machine. To which Daniel just huffs before complying.

"Who are you here with?" He asks her as we make our way out of the bar crowd.

"That would be me." Ellie swings her arm around me, gracefully plucking her drink out of my hand and placing the straw between her lips. "That's more like a triple than a double." She scrunches up her face. "Did you flirt with the bartender again?"

"Maybe." I sheepishly smile before taking a sip of my own drink, noticing that it's a lot stronger than normal as well.

"Good. Keep it up." She pats me on the shoulder lightly.

"And who is a part of your entourage tonight?" I smile at Daniel who had began moving his head around like a meerkat, searching around the club.

His smile returns to his face as he points over my head. "Them."

I turn around only to have a massive force collide with me, nudging me backwards and spilling my ice cold drink down the front of my new Versace dress. "Shit!"