ten

"So how long has this been going on." Ellie pesters me as we walk down towards the yacht.

"Nothing's going on." I lightly laugh, straightening my posture to try and look more confident before we arrive.

"But when did it start?" She doesn't let it go.

"Never. Because there's nothing going on." I flick my pin straight hair over my shoulder, letting it cascade down my back.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner. Like we all knew something was going to happen but I thought you'd at least tell me." She latches on to my arm, making me stop in my tracks and finally turn to face her to see her face filled with hope.

"I didn't tell you, because nothing has happened." I deadpan, seeing her face drop. "Ellie, I love you and you're my best friend. If anything of that sorts did happen then I promise you will be the first person that I will tell, but please, believe me when I say that nothing has happened."

A small smirk begins to rise on her face and she releases her death grip on my arm only to loop it instead, dragging me forward on to the busy yacht. "Nothing has happened yet."

As we step in, the yacht erupts in cheers making my cheeks fire up from all of the attention.

"There she is!" Daniels voice rings out as he emerges from crowd carrying three glasses of champagne, handing one each to myself and Ellie, and then keeping the last for himself. "To the winner of the Monaco Grand Prix and the woman who beat all of our hot asses!" He holds the glass up in the air whilst everyone cheers.

My eyes scan around the room looking to see who's all here. There's a lot of people I don't know but I manage to pick out a few familiar faces. Charles is here, which would be weird if it wasn't considering the yacht is his, and he's got his arm wrapped around Charlotte's shoulder, next to him is Carlos with his girlfriend Isa who seems to be very timid around the very loud and obnoxious crowd, then there's Pierre, Yuki, Esteban, Fernando, Sebastian, Lance, Mick, Kimi and Antonio from the grid.

I hold my glass up to the people in the room and down it in one, earning myself another round of cheers before everyone resumes their conversations from before I walked in.

"Oh, let's go say hi to the girls." Ellie holds my hand, gently tugging me across to Charlotte and Isa, but I can't help let my eyes scan the room again, looking for a certain set of blue ones that seek to be missing. 

"Hey guys." Ellie pulls me out of my search as we reach the Ferrari group.

"Hey!" They all chime back as we do the awkward 'make sure everyone's had a hug' thing.

"Sorry about your race today." I say to Charles once we've all stopped, looking at him with sympathy.

A sad smile graces his features as he waves the arm that's not wrapped around Charlotte. "It is what it is, and it wasn't your fault. Congratulations for the win but I would've loved to have fought you for it."

"Oh please." I laugh. "We all know that I would've gotten you going in to turn one." Making everyone else join in as it's clear I'm not serious.

"I'll hold you to that next year." He points.

"And I'm taking you to a mental institute if you think Ferrari has a chance of even being on the front row again next year."

The party was still going on hard downstairs with the drinks endlessly flowing, the music blasting and everyone dancing, and as much as this scene is definitely mine at some point my social battery had started to dwindle. So instead I climbed up to the top deck of the yacht, leaning on the railing and looking out on to the illuminated night sky of Monte Carlo.