twenty

I hate hospitals.

I hate the smell, the food, the boredom and most importantly the needles - I despise the needles. Yet here I am being a human pincushion whilst they run their tests.

I know I shouldn't, especially after what has just happened but I turn to social media to entertain my boredom rotted brain. I wouldn't say I'm addicted to my phone, I could easily spend most of the day without it, but my weakness lies in the form of tiktok and my private Twitter account.

As like most of the drivers on the grid, my social media accounts are all run by Leah as she says, and I quote, "letting you roam free on the internet would be like putting Mazepin in a car that actually has a bit of pace in it - disastrous for anyone near it." Now I don't think it's fair that she's comparing my inability to think that actions have consequences, to his inability to keep a car on track - I'm surely not that bad, but I don't put up a fight either about it because we both know that she could win it before I even open an app.

So to keep the peace with her we compromised. I could have personal social medias as long as they were all completely private and the general public couldn't see what I was posting or interacting with.

Flicking through Twitter was rather boring. It was mainly updated about the race or just general news posts - basically nothing good or positive. So I decide to have my own bit of fun.

TWITTER

@maddythebaddie could someone please edit that crash with the tiktok sound that goes "and then my head hit the wall. Bam!" It would make me giggle.

>@elliearnoldsprivv only you would crash out and still try to get more clout on tiktok 🙄

>@maddythebaddy don't need more clout, have you seen the news I'm practically famous😉

>@badgerboy "practically famous" as if you're not already a world famous racing driver

>@maddythebaddy @badgerboy didn't know I was famous enough to have Danny Ric replying to me 🙈

>@badgerboy but you're famous enough to be getting smashed by SIR Lewis Hamilton

>@maddythebaddy I think you need to proof read before you post mate 🤣

>@elliearnoldsprivv @badgerboy can you stop fuelling her ego? Her heads not going to fit in the MRI machine

>@maddythebaddy I'll have you know it fit just fine 😉

>@badgerboy you can't tell me to proof read after you post that @maddythebaddy

I lightly giggle at my phone whilst reading our conversation, trying not to laugh too hard as my ribs still hurt, but it's difficult not to when you've got Danny cracking jokes.

"What's so funny?"

I jump from fright, with my phone leaving my hand and soaring through the air before it crashes to the ground besides the hospital bed. Thank god I've got a smash proof case and screen protector on it.

The jump makes me dizzy again since I moved too quickly, so I rest one hand against my forehead, hoping that my natural coldness might come in handy for once.

Once the world has stopped spinning I lower my hand, but blink twice, thinking that the figure in front of me must be a part of the concussion.

But he's not.

"Max? What are you doing here?"

The corner of his lips slightly twitch upwards in to a smile before resting back in to his previous look of concern, then slowly morphing to appear neutral. He tries to hide it but it's too late, I've already seen it - he's worried.