six

Pre - warning: not my greatest chapter in terms of writing style as I've written it quickly as more of a filler but please stick with it as I promise it will get better.

"That was a good overtake." I think aloud whilst sitting in the cool down room of the Spanish Grand Prix, watching the footage of the race alongside Lewis who came first and Max who came second.

"Don't let Christian hear you say that." Max huffs on his chair from the other side of Lewis, rolling his eyes as he takes a sip of his drink. He was probably correct in what he was saying as I don't think the Redbull team principal would particularly enjoy me praising the Mercedes driver for an overtake on own my teammate, but at the same time it was a really good overtake.

"I'm allowed to acknowledge good racing Verstappen as unlike yourself other people have amazing race craft." I bite back uncontrollably. The race was exhausting, especially when paired with the heat, and had taken all of my energy away to the point that I'm currently struggling to stay awake.

"My race craft is amazing thank you very much, which is why I was leading until the pit stop situation." He snipes, crossing his arms and sinking further in to his chair.

"Stop trying to explain yourself to me because I really don't care." I take a sip of my cold water, still refusing to look away from the monitor.

"Well you should because then maybe I could explain to you how to drive."

"Can you two stop." Lewis gets out of his chair and walks across to the mini podium with his helmet, grabbing the towel to absorb his sweat. Part of me feels guilty for Lewis having to put up with us both, but I'm more embarrassed as he's a seven time WDC and here I am having a petty argument in his presence.

"Sorry Lewis." I apologise, still sipping away at my water, now avoiding his eye contact.

"Oh so you can apologise to others." Max mumbles lowly before taking another sip of his water.

I go to bite back, but Lewis places his hand on my shoulder and gently shakes his head, clearly knowing that my hotheadedness is about to overcome me. Taking a deep breath I smile up at the experienced driver and nod to him in thanks.

"You need to go to the podium." An FIA worker walks in to the room to inform us, before immediately walking back out.

Taking a deep breath I stand up with a wave of dizziness hitting me. I pause for a moment allowing the world to realign before walking to the mini podium in the room and placing my water back on it, then turning to walk out of the room. Lewis had already walked out to follow the worker as he was near the door and already standing, but I notice that Max is still there leaning slightly on the door frame with his arms crossed watching my every move. Initially his stature made me want to shrink and crawl away, his inquisitive look making me uneasy but I would never let him have the satisfaction of seeing that, so instead I straighten my spine and lift my chin, not acknowledging him as I bump his shoulder that was blocking the exit to push pass.

Which would've looked really cool, if his strong stature and my dizziness didn't make me trip and fall.

Out of instinct I place my arms out to break my fall and scrunch my eyes, bracing for the pain that I'm due to endure that doesn't come. Instead I feel two arms wrap around me, one around my waist and the other around my shoulders. Instantly each of my hands go to each of the arms, seeing if they're actually real, but when I feel that familiar Redbull racesuit material I know that they're real.

Out of embarrassment I can feel my face growing redder and redder the longer that they stay there. Clearing my throat, Max instantly helps me stand up again, but I don't have the strength to look at his face. I had tripped and fell right in to his arms, and I hate myself for it. So instead I quickly turn and speed walk down the corridor to the podium where Lewis is already talking to another Mercedes team member that is there to accept the constructors trophy.