twelve

This is a little filler chapter but it was also quite fun to come up with so enjoy :)

After the argument I decided that I wasn't going to let it spoil my good weekend. I was going to try and hang out with Pierre, seeing as we got our first podiums together, but it seems that he's heading out with his team at Alphatauri and I don't want to tag along like a spare part.

Thankfully my rescue came in the form of Estie Bestie, who in fact never gave me a choice as he showed up at my door with Lance and Mick as his bodyguards who were more in fact like his two golden retriever puppies that he knows I can't say no to.

We ended up in a club, them drinking to my win and me drinking to forget. The shots kept flowing with Lance being the bad influence, not letting anyone be spotted with an empty glass in their hand. We were drinking and dancing and genuinely just having a great time, because with these boys I don't ever feel like I'm being judged for what I do or how I act, I can just be me and focus on the time with my friends.

As it neared 2am we decided to leave, not wanting to be in the club once the liveliness was starting to dwindle, but we didn't quite want the party to stop just yet. So that's how we ended up back in my hotel suite with my trusty Just Dance set up, getting our groove on whilst still being heavily intoxicated.

"Work it Mickey!" I scream as he dances alongside Lance to Baby One More Time on Just Dance 3.

We all laugh as he sticks out his bum and shakes it slightly, riling me and Esteban up. But our laughter isn't the only noise we hear when there's a couple of raps at the door. I look to Esteban who looks back at me, Lance and Mick being too invested in their dance off to even notice. The raps happen again, consolidating that they were not in fact a figment of my imagination.

"Someone's at the door!" I whisper yell to Esteban, who only smiles back.

"The go and answer it."

"Oh yeah." I stand up. "I should probably do that." I shuffle my way around the dancing boys, not bothering to look through the peep hole as I open the door.

There in front of me stands Pierre, Yuki and Charles.

"What are you doing here?" I can't help but ask them, not because I'm not happy they're here, but because I don't actually know why they're here.

"You sent me a text." Pierre chuckles, fishing his phone out of his pocket to show my the evidence.

Pieerrrrrrrreeeee gey ur podeeum wonnin butt ro my rooom we haven dance offfs

"I don't remember sending that." I whisper to myself before bursting out in to laughter, moving myself to the side to let the boys in.

"Wayhayhay boys!" Pierre swaggers in to the room, clearly drunk as well, throwing his arm around Esteban and stealing my seat. Charles sits down next to him, giving Esteban one of those bro shakes, whilst Yuki looks around awkwardly before taking a spot on the empty couch.

I close the door and head back across just in time to see Mick beat Lance on the final pose, earning him a round of applause.

"French quartet we are next!" I shout, throwing the spare Wii remotes to Esteban, Pierre and Charles, with Charles trying throw it back to me.

"No thank you, I'm not French." He rolls his eyes, clearly sick of me already.

"Oui, Oui, mon ami." I grab his hand and drag him up. "When you won in F2, what anthem did they play? Oh yeah, you're French." I slap the remote in his hand and he can't help but smile and shake his head, remembering how annoyed he was on that day.