꒰ always ꒱

i work at a convenience store

i work at a convenience store. a easy job which doesn't requires much, at first i was in college and interning at my dream job - but, i couldn't handle the stress and i began to have sleepless nights. blacking out during the day and making mistakes, eventually, i quit.

now, i have a stable life and i live in apartment with a roommate - her name is hitoka yachi. she moved to tokyo because of her job, an ad agency. we are different but similar in ways, for example, she works in the day and i work in the night; she loves sweets and i do too. we have our differences but overall, we are good friends. we both split up the rent and pay our half and whenever we can, we make sure to have the fridge full.

i'm okay with my life.

it's normal now, no longer a dramatic event changing it. except from sleepless nights and roaming around the convenience store from 10 pm to 7 am, i'm okay.

but,
there's this person.

he's a man, with vivid red hair and sleepy eyes, he has a lazy smirk on his lips all the time, his eyes are a shade of crimson - making me always think of a new shade of red whenever i see him. usually, his hair is slicked back up, somedays it's down which makes his eyes stand out more. he comes to the convenience store every day and he never fails to walk in at the same time, sometimes earlier and sometimes later depending on his mood.

somedays, i see him saunter in, picking up the cigarette pack before he turns to a pack of lollipops. he picks a beer over a bottle of coke, his eyes are usually lazy or sleepy - sometimes, i see little doodles in his fingers and rings adorning his skin. he has a neck tattoo i had a glimpse of, a snake or dragon maybe?

i don't know what he does or who he is but i seem to find a new thing about him everyday and i never fail to discover a new habit of this mystery red head.

he sighs when he doesn't see his regular drink in stock, he likes to overthink his decisions always making me stand waiting for him, he tends to stay stuck at the sweet aisle every day - somedays it's the ice cream section. he never says anything, furrowing eyebrows or having a lazy smirk on his face. he rubs his neck whenever he brings his items up and he rubs so aggressively that i always see red fingermarks on his skin when he leaves. he mutters "thank you" lightly, so lightly that i always perk my ears up to hear him.

this, redhead never fails to visit me.

he's always here, it seems the convenience store is practically his second home. he lives here, he knows every crook and cranny and he walks in with egoistic confidence and arrogance every time, he never pays in card always with cash and he never fails to look at me while i'm restocking or checking out other customers.

"he's the colour of bright crimson red, outlining people with his dazzling shine and elegant beauty, he never fails to leave me in awe."

"you have a crush on him."