꒰ interest ꒱

hitoka yachi isn't my only friend, i have another called shizumu kiyoko who came to tokyo with yachi - helping her move in

hitoka yachi isn't my only friend, i have another called shizumu kiyoko who came to tokyo with yachi - helping her move in. so really, i met her through yachi.

"how come?" i asked kiyoko, her statement baffling both me and yachi. "you describe him like a poet describing his love." i laugh at her statement, turning to her with a lopsided smile. "i probably have a knack for poetry then." yachi turns to me with curiosity in her eyes, "do you know his name?" i raise my eyebrow - i sometimes lay awake and wonder what name would fit him but i never find a good one.

"nope, all i know is his habits and his appearance.." i sigh in disappointment, "how can you like someone who you don't know? is it, slow attraction?" she wonders, her mouth perked up in a frown. "it's kinda like when you find people attractive on the street." kiyoko points out, turning to yachi with a teasing look.

"really..?" yachi asks with hesitation, leaning off the balcony with her can of sprite, "nah, i don't think i have a crush on him, yknow? it's more of..." i pause looking for a word as they both turn to stare at me with curious and knowing eyes. "interest. i find him intriguing."

"sounds like attraction to me." kiyoko chuckles, her melodic laughter running through the sky. "what? no, seriously, he's really interesting, he's come here everyday nonstop at 1am - and he always, always picking something out and leaving and he never says anything to me but 'thanks'... it's, very interesting." i take a big gulp.

"y/n, that interest of yours is gonna turn into attraction. trust me, you're gonna come running to us." kiyoko says, a smug look on her face as she points to yachi.

"nah. i won't." i say, drinking down my last drop before crushing the can. "my shifts on, see you girls tomorrow!" i smile - waving at them as i begin to walk off.

i hear the choruses of 'bye' as i walk off, throwing my can in the bin as i do. we all decided to meet up at our apartment, so really, kiyoko was the one who was gonna need a lift. i usually walk to the convenience store and enjoy my walk even though it's the most monotone and plain walk.

i arrive just as the day shift ends, "done?" i ask as i enter through the door. "yea. new restock today, do you mind?" i shake my head to mai (the day shift worker) "not at all, have fun." i wave to her as i enter through the back door as she leaves through the door and a light 'ding' rings. i take my jacket off and pull on my apron, before turning on the AC.

i sigh, connecting my phone to the bluetooth as my current song plays out. immediately drake's voice come's spilling out as i stand motionless in front of the counter.

"here we go again."