Chapter two- Danny

"GET UP YOUR NOT MISSING ANYMORE SCHOOL DANIEL!!" my mom screamed as she slammed the door. I look at my phone to check the time.
"SHIT!" It read 6:21am. I had to catch the bus which usually gets here around 6:30. I brush my teeth while brushing my hair, I put on clothes while grabbing my bag. Then I run out the door as fast as I can. I get on the bus and sit in the seat next to this girl. A beautiful blonde, with honey brown eyes. Little to no makeup. Her natural beauty is astonishing. I don't think she's ever really noticed me before. I mean we've had a couple conversations but they never lasted long.
First period rolls around and she's already talking to the school Fuckboy. I can never stand him. Sometimes I wanted to take a razor and shave his head in his sleep because it's apparently his 'most prized possession'.
"Okay class this is what we're going to do next. I assighned-"
He stopped teaching. He froze. I heard people speak up-
"Is he having a seizure?"
"Is he upset?"
There was obviously something wrong. Something worse than a breakdown. Something worse than a seizure. I couldn't put my finger on it, But it was there. I look over at my friend AJ to say something but it was too late. Our teacher dropped to the floor. Everyone ran out of the room in fight some possibly to get help. I waited back a couple seconds to see if he would get up but before I could get anywhere near him I hear screams.
I run outside to see what was going on, but everyone in the school had also ran outside. No teacher, no principle, no adult in sight. I look over and realize I'm standing right next to that beautiful blonde I was eyeing earlier. She looked like she also was lost in a daydream. It made mt heart drop!
"Lianna?"
No response
"Lianna?!" I said louder
"LIANNA!"
she snapped back to reality when I raised my voice the third time. And her eyes locked right into mine.
"I thought you were gonna drop dead too." I said with a slight chuckle to lighten the mood. She did not laugh. If anything she looked like she was on the verge of tears. "Are you okay?" I asked.
"YES DANNY IM FINE!" She snapped with an attitude.
"Dude chill! Why are you telling at me?"
"YOU yelled at ME first!"
"BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA DIE!"
I know yelling at her probably wasnt the best decision but I couldn't let my guard down. "I'm sorry" I said.
Before she could say anything our phones broke the silence. And when I say 'our' I mean just about everyone in the school. At least everyone who has an iPhone. Because we got an airdrop from 'US GOV official'. Lianna and I looked at each other before accepting the airdrop. It was a video of an ABC news reporter saying:
"if you are getting this message, you are one of the last survivors. Reports say everyone ages 5-18 will have a chance at survival. Suspects have been reported to space out, and fall to the floor before becoming roaming zombies within twenty four hours"
I spaced out after the reporter said that. So many things went thru my head. Our family's, gone. Our loved ones, gone. I tried to snap back to reality and all I heard was-
"to control the human population. This needed to be done. I wish every last survivor the best of luck and i-" the reporter stopped talking, got lost in a trance and she too...fell to the floor. It felt hard to breathe. I looked over at Lianna to get her reaction and she seemed unphased. She was really good at hiding her emotions. I on the other hand was struggling for every last bit of oxygen I could take.