Chapter fifteen: AJ

Nope! Not dead yet.
I wake up still feeling like crap. But honestly a little bit better. I look over and Danny is gone. I'm alone in the room. I wipe my hand on my face. I'm sweating bullets but no blood around my eyes. My face was stained with blood a little bit, but nothing concerning. I lean forward and try to get out of the bed slowly. As soon as I stood up my legs felt numb. I took a few steps trying to fight it off but I fell right to the floor. I look up at the door in front of me and I reached for the knob. Just then John walks in.
"AJ right?" He stopped in to look at me. "Maddi said you're not feeling well but damn you look like crap."
"Wow thanks!" I said softly not being able to project.
"Umm...why are you on the floor?" A pause of silence went by. I felt unable to speak. The only words I could form were-
"Get lia-....Mad...Lianna or-" I quite litterally couldn't speak. I felt incapable of a simple task and it pissed me off. Of course though I didn't show it.
"Okay." John said nonchalantly. He grabbed a pack of crayons and left. DUDE GRABBED CRAYONS. Im barely holding myself up when even my arms can't hold me up I fall further to the floor. I try to get back up realizing there's just no use.
Okay one last time  I thought to myself. I look up at the door knob, and I reach as far as my arm could go. I try so hard to hold myself up with the other hand. I have never felt so weak in my life. Before the apocalypse I worked out two-three times a week at my local gym. I was strong. Now here I am weak. I got a hold of the door and opened it, but barely. I fall back to the floor with tears in my eyes. This time they didn't burn. But the red tint still faintly covered my vision. Just then-
"OMG AJ!" Maddi came in and guided me to my feet and helped me back onto the bed. "John sent me to get you! Are you okay? Are you hurt?" She looks at me in my watery eyes. "Your eyes look a little better....watery but better." She said in a cheerful tone.
"Where's Danny?" I finally spoke once I got back on the bed.
"He's better so he's with tal and John. He only has a few berries." I nodded thanking God that I wasn't going to be responsible for someone's death. "Here." She handed me a bowl full of fruit. "This should flush it out of your system. It worked for Danny." I ate a couple pieces. I was shaking violently but after a few minutes went by I instantly felt a little better. "Something about the fruits juices that levels out your sugar. Lianna gave Danny a speech." She said in an annoyed giggle. "Help at all?"
"Helped a lot thank you Madi." She leaned forward toward my face. As I about close my eyes, I hear the door burst open.
"Guys....tal John and Danny found a cabin in the middle of the island." Lianna shrieked. I jumped out of bed, changed my clothes and headed outside. Madi standing next to me. We all run outside to see but as I run I trip over the zombie we killed when we first got here. I look at the old woman but didn't think much of it. I got up and tried to catch up with the others. We're running through the thick trees and about a mile intot he island we stop. There's a cabin. And at the side it looks like food had been growing. We're all basically standing in a horizontal line just staring at the cabin. What to do oh what to do?