Chapter Eight- AJ

Danny came to me earlier today about being in love with Lianna. Don't get me wrong, I think it's cool they found each other. It's clear it's destiny. I mean even through a zombie apocalypse they're sticking together. But I tagged along like a lost puppy dog. I'm going to make it clear I'm not lost. I had so many friends at the school but for some odd reason I just felt drawn to follow them. Maybe my instincts were wrong, because Danny and Lianna had each other. I was just someone who bombarded in their story. Since I did so, in a world where survival was most important and I was the odd one out. Theres a chance I can end up alone for the rest of my life.
"ight bro. Don't make this weird." Danny said as he hopped in the bed.
"Nah man it's cool I'll just sleep here on the floor."
"Dude you sure? Looks rough."
"Yeah man don't worry bout it. Just hand me a couple pillows."
Danny tossed me some pillows and a blanket, and JUST as I was about to fall asleep, I heard screams.
"What in the darn hell was that?" I asked paranoid. Danny's face went pale. We jumped out of bed and rushed to the girls room. The screaming subsided a couple seconds before we could reach the door. Danny didn't even bother knocking. he opened the door faster than you could even blink. I saw Lianna rubbing Tally's back, and Tally was balling her eyes out.
"What the fuck was that?!" Danny exclaimed.
"Chill out Danny, Tal just had a nightmare." Lianna mentioned. She stared down Danny as if he did something terrible. I tried to break the tension. So I said;
"Phew! I thought one of y'all was dyin"
Danny was clearly still annoyed, so he walked out of the room.
"Sorry bout that guys. Have a good night y'all." I said as I slowly closed the creaking door. I turned to Danny,
"what in the darn hell was that?!"
"What was what?" Danny said with a blank expression.
"You can't be mad at the poor kid, especially for havin nightmares. In case you haven't noticed the poor kid just lost BOTH of her parents."
"I know. I'm not even mad at the girl, I just thought that-"
"- that something happened to Lianna" I inturupted. Scolding him was the only way to install it in his mind. Otherwise he would've taken it with a grain of salt. Plus; I could tell he didn't wanna say it aloud.
"Listen bro...if something happened to her I have no idea what I would do, I know I've only REALLY known her for like a day, but BELEIVE it or not that's all it takes." Danny tried to explain.
"I get it bro." I wasn't the best at comforting but I did what I could.
"Look man I'm tired, and I'm going back to sleep." Danny said with no hesitation. I didn't fight him on it. We headed back to our cabin, and fell asleep.
Morning came around and I realized we were basically living like Royalty. Whoever owned this boat, must've been rich as hell. There was a whole kitchen inside the downstairs cabin.
"Mornin sunshine."
"Morning AJ" Danny was clearly still half asleep. "Where's the girls?"
"Oh Lianna's helping the kid get dressed." I added.
"Umm....why?"
"I dunno. I guess Tally's mom always picked out her outfit every mornin, so they found clothes and Lianna's helpin her with that."
"Oh." Danny clearly didn't understand why she was doing that. But despite his confusion he asked no further questions.
Tally barged in the door, entering the room from behind him. "WERE BACK!!! oh good morning Danny." She greeted him with a smile.
"Morning Tal." He said still half asleep but frantically looking around. Clearly looking for Lianna. A few seconds passed and before he could ask where she was, Lianna slowly walked in the door. She looked like a mess.her eyes red from exhaustion, Her face pale, dark circles around her eyes, messy hair, she must've had a rough night, and if I could tell, DANNY could tell.
"Morning Danny" she said in a slightly rude tone.
"Well good morning to you too Lianna." Danny barked back. I elbowed him in the arm. "OW" he exclaimed. Lianna looked back at us, but didn't even bother to say anything. Instead she continued to pour a cup of cold brew and as she lifted it to her mouth Danny grabbed it from her hands and set it down on the table.
"What are you doing?!? I was drinking that!" Lianna snapped.
"Oh no your not. You clearly got no sleep last night so we're gonna put you to bed, at least take a nap."
He guided Lianna our the door, he looked back at me and I gave him a thumbs up as they left the kitchen. Leaving Tal and I alone.
"So kid.... You like bacon?" She nodded. So I made us some bacon and eggs for breakfast that I found in the fridge. She wasn't too bad of a sport. But we still had a long way to go if we wanted to survive.