Chapter ten: Maddi

I was making sandwiches for John and Sam when I heard Sam screaming:
"MADDI MOVE!!!"
I turn around to see a huge boat right next to us while our motor was going full speed. Sam tried to jump in front of me to save me, while I pushed John all the way to the end of the deck. It all happened so fast.
Crashhhh
I immediately started getting flashbacks of what has happened the past couple days, I could've swore it was a dream the way it all played out.

"Hey mom I'm gonna stay home from school today I'm not feeling well."
"That's ok sweety I'll go grab the thermometer to make sure you don't have a fever."
My mom left the room and came back a few mins later to take my temperature.
"101.1 I'll grab you some water."
"Thanks mom."
But before she came back with the water I fell quickly asleep. An hour or so later I hear a loud crash waking me up. John runs into my room with a bag of clothes and food from the pantry.
"Maddi, it's mom, somethings happening and she's turned into a zombie."
"JJ you've been watching too much Netflix"
I wake out into the hallway then I hear groaning. My heart starts pounding as I peek in the kitchen and...I see my mom. Her skin pale, her hair lightened, her eyes dull, and she makes the scariest eye contact with me. She started storming to me as I lock myself in my room with my little brother John.
"NOW DO YOU BELIEVE ME?!" John screams as my mom pounds on the door.
I pack some clothes and hygiene products and I escape out the window with John.
"You look like you have practice exiting through this window."John said with concern.
"Ya girls gotta go to parties SOMETIMES." I really tried to lighten the mood but considering the look on John's face he wasn't having it.
I got a call from my friend Sam, she was crying.
"Maddi my dad- my-"
"I know my mom too I'm on my way to your house."
"Did you get the airdrop?"
"Babes I have android."
"I'll explain when you pick me up just please hurry"
We took my daddy's fishing boat becuase we figured we'd grab supplies from stores and sail for the rest of our lives. Our dad taught us how to survive on just a boat if we ever needed. Time flew by way too fast when-
"MADDI MOVE!!!"
Our boat crashed into another...I thought that was it.

I opened my eyes to a handsome young man. GOREGOUS tanned Spanish skin. Big brown doe eyes, and what seemed to be a country accent when I heard him say: "Oh good you're awake!"
"Huh?"
"No no no, don't get up too fast you got a uh..."
I look down my leg and arm covered in blood with glass sticking out.
"OMG I'm gonna faint"
"Hey, yeah, no! Don't do that. Here tell me what's your name?" He asks while wrapping my arm in cotton and ace bandage.
"Maddi"
"Hi Maddi I'm AJ"
Aj holds the small of my back and helps me sit up slowly. He hands me some water and I look next to me. Sam; my best friend still unconscious.
"Thanks for the water but, where's John?"
"John?" He looks at me puzzled.
"My little brother, he was on the boat."
"Oh yeah, he's upstairs with the others, would you like to come meet them?"
"I would love to but...what about Sam?"
"She'll be fine." He assured.
A girl BEAUTIFUL as day walked in the room. GOREGOUS light hair and round face with cheekbones high and bright.
"Hey I'm Lianna." She said cheery, extending her hand.
"Maddi."
"Just the girl I was about to call in, can you watch Sam..? I think her name was?" Aj spoke calmly to Lianna.
"Of course, you two have fun."
Aj led me out of the cabin to the deck.
"MADDI" John called out to me in pure happiness. He greeted me with a long warm hug. "Mads I think your cheek is bleeding."
"I think I'll be fine, thank you." I said with a smile.
He grabs a little blonde girls hand and pulls her over. "Maddi meet Tally."
"Hi tally." I say with enthusiasm.
I can't help but notice AJ's gaze at me from the corner of my eye.
"Maddi you look pale are you still sick?" John bursts out.
"You were sick?" Aj exclaimed.
"Why are you a germaphobe?"I snapped.
"No, but you should get some rest."
"I'll be fine."
He turns to John and says "Maddi will be downstairs if you need her."
He takes me to a room and gives me a cool rag.
"Why are you being so nice?" I asked. Surely there was a reason.
"Did you not realize your near death experience less than 12 hours ago?"
"Fair point."
He opens a window and I notice it's starting to get dark.
"John should be going to sleep soon."
"We've been bunking boys with boys, and girls with girls so he'll prolly be with me and Danny tonight."
"Who's Danny?"
"He's been cleaning, the accident was pretty messy. You should be able to meet him tomorrow."
"Oh...ok and sorry about that."
"Don't stress it, as long as y'all are safe."
I couldn't help but blush. He continues- "lianna offered to stay overnight and watch over Sam until she wakes up and we'll let you know when she does okay?"
"Okay thank you AJ"
Tally bursts in the room. "HI NEW ROOMIE!!"
AJ faces tally sternly. "Tal, Maddi here needs her sleep so try not to be too wreckless."
"Duh heehee" she says while hopping around the room.
AJ comes over and whispers-"Tally has had bad nightmares since everything has went down so try to assure her and after a min or so she'll fall right back asleep."
He stands up tall, "get some rest BOTH of you, and I'll see y'all in the morning"
"GOODNIGHT AJ!!!" Tally says with excitement.
"Night y'all" AJ closes the door, and that's the last time I saw him that night. Tally settles into bed and looks at me with bright eyes saying, "goodnight!"
I couldn't help her cuteness, she was really strong considering everything that's been going on.
"Goodnight little one."
I just hoped and prayed everything will turn out smoothly. I closed my eyes and let my mind take over my dreams. So far...I've survived. I survived.