Chapter five- Danny

"Danny can you watch her?"
I don't know what I'm supposed to do with a child, but I nodded in response. Lianna seemed stress so I wanted to help. Even if that means taking care of a strange kid who won't even say so much s her name! I've heard her say ONE sentence!
'are you kidnapping me?'
It was clear she was under 10, and I honestly felt bad for her. I had lost my father when I was around her age but in all honesty I wish it was any mother instead.
"Look kid-"
I tried to explain myself while sitting on the second story roof.
"I lost my dad when I was around your age, now I'll never feel the exact pain feel, but I know your hurt. And I know you're scared but it's GOING to be okay."
She was silent and holding back her watery eyes.
"I'm not gonna force you to talk kid, you can do that on your own time. I just wanted to let you know your not alone."
I got off of the hard concrete and stood up. I was GOING to maybe find something to do to occupy this kid, but she spoke.
"I'm seven"
I paused- I wasn't expecting her to talk just yet, but I'm not upset that she did.
"What was that?"
"I'm seven years old"
"Uh huh." I say puzzled as I sit back down. I've never been more interested in what a seven year old has to say. And I'm not gonna lie, I felt pretty important being the only person she's directly spoken to. "Anything else kid?"
" My name is Tally, I like pink, and I know who you have a crush on."
"Oh you do now?"
"I do. I see the way you look at Leeanna"
"Lianna" I said to correct her.
"Whatever"
Damn. For a seven year old, she sure does have a mouth.
"I see the way you look at her. She IS really pretty, I hope I look like her one day."
That was really sweet of her to say, but I wasn't fooled. I knew kids these days were the spawn of Satan.
"That's really sweet of you to say tal"
"It's Tally"
"Whatever" I said to match her energy. She let out a chuckle. Maybe she wasnt such a demon child...for now.